Talk

Advanced search

Holiday in the South of France

(14 Posts)
PosiePootlePerkins Thu 26-Jan-17 20:56:43

Hoping someone can help me out with ideas for a self catering holiday in the South of France. Don't have a clue about regions, but we would like somewhere near a beach, with a local town nearby where we could go out for meals and of course to buy supplies. (Mmmm croissants, cheese, baguettes!) We don't mind the drive but would possibly break it up with an overnight stay somewhere en route.
Anyone had a nice holiday that meets those critera? Have chosen South of France as we would love some sunshine!
Thankssmile

Brighteyes27 Thu 26-Jan-17 21:27:39

Watching with interest. Haven't been on but fancying similar. People say cont Eurocamp etc and I did but their response felt very rushed and when I looked at reviews their recommendations didn't really match my requirements. So was looking for personal recommendations.

PosiePootlePerkins Thu 26-Jan-17 21:35:24

Yes that's the trouble brighteyes trying to holiday somewhere completely new, when you have nothing to really go on! Hoping someone will be able to make a recommendation or two!

Whisky2014 Thu 26-Jan-17 21:39:06

Nice is a lovely city, my parents have a house just outside it so i have been many times and still love it. St paul de vence is a beautiful town in the hills. Antibes too.

PosiePootlePerkins Thu 26-Jan-17 21:40:53

Thanks whisky shall get googling! I think I went to Nice years ago (shocking memory, getting old!) I will have a look.

Whisky2014 Thu 26-Jan-17 21:42:45

Well there's loads to do plus is easy to get around on the tram and only a short train ride into Monaco. I love it. Going in July! smile

PosiePootlePerkins Thu 26-Jan-17 21:47:35

Ooh lucky you, sounds fab! Hope you have a great time.

WankersHacksandThieves Thu 26-Jan-17 21:56:03

We went to a campsite at Port Grimaud - we flew into Nice and it just along the coast towards St Tropez. Lovely beach and waterpark nearby as well as pool in the campsite and decent enough town for shops/groceries etc. The little port was beautiful and full of lovely looking yachts.

This is the camp we stayed in, but there was also one right on the beach:

www.eurocamp.co.uk/campsites/rivieraandprovence/rv053-domaine-des-naiades/ataglance.html

PosiePootlePerkins Thu 26-Jan-17 22:01:48

Thanks for that link, it looks fab although I think we are probably looking for more of a cottage/house than a campsite, but the area looks wonderful.

Shenanagins Thu 26-Jan-17 22:11:34

Check out Pierre vacance website, we have stayed in a one of their parks in the south of France and it was really good.

WankersHacksandThieves Thu 26-Jan-17 22:13:26

It was, we had a lovely holiday there - think boys were about 6 and 7. There's a little train thing that takes you up the hill for some great views. you can also cycle quite far along a coast cycle path that runs right through Port Grimaud. We didn't do that as we flew rather than take the car since we are in Scotland and therefore have a full long days drive before we even get to a ferry.

BrieAndChilli Thu 26-Jan-17 22:17:17

We used to live in La-Londe-Les-Maures which is a bit west of st tropez. Anywhere on the coast between there and nice is lovely. Lots of beaches and lovely towns within driving distance.

WankersHacksandThieves Thu 26-Jan-17 22:22:45

Thank you for this post OP, i've just spent a few minutes looking back at holiday photos and feeling nostalgic smile As Brie says, I am sure that anywhere along that stretch will be lovely, it can be expensive though, It was 2008 we went and it cost us over 120 euros for lunch in the port for 4, only a main course, no alcohol for 2 adults a 6 and 7 year old. We ate in quite a bit.

PosiePootlePerkins Fri 27-Jan-17 06:28:59

Thanks so much for the advice and suggestions, I am getting excited now! Lots of research to do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now