Talk

Advanced search

Two weeks in turkey

(7 Posts)
Girlboymummy Thu 26-Jan-17 15:06:26

Hi family of 2 adults and 2 children looking for a rough idea of spending money to take 2 weeks in turkey. The hotel is bed and breakfast but says no food from outside the hotel can be brought into the hotel so will need lunch and dinner along with drinks etc. Looking to take some trips to the markets and possibly a boat trip at some point. Mainly going to relax and get away from day to day home life

WankersHacksandThieves Thu 26-Jan-17 16:12:10

Turkey is pretty cheap in general - was last there 2 years ago. 2 adults and 2 kids but my kids are full grown adult size teens in terms of eating. I'd say our eating out costs were approximately half what we would spend here. So, it would normally cost us about £20 a head for a main course and a drink here at dinnertime and i'd say most of our bills were around 40 euros for us all. So I guess it would depend on the age of the kids and how much they eat.

Stuff in the markets is cheap, transport is generally cheap too - I think we were maybe about £1.50 p/p for a dolmus of about 10 miles trip, as far as I can remember.

Shop about for organised trips as prices can vary. What part of Turkey are you going to? We've used these guys:

www.volkansadventures.com/dalyan-tours/

They have some prices on their site - try looking for a similar company where you are going (do research before booking) to give you some ideas of cost.

I'm sure you will have a brilliant time, I love Turkey.

goldangel Sat 28-Jan-17 14:52:12

There's a thread in chat called "Would you book a holiday in Turkey?" you may want to read..

SooticaTheWitchesCat Fri 03-Feb-17 18:28:34

We go to Turkey a lot and we usually allow about £100 per day for food and drinks as a family of four. Then any extra for shopping or if you want to do trips. Boat trips are around £10 - £12 each and children usually free.

Which part of turkey are you going to?

Don't bother reading all the scaremongering on the other threads. Turkey is a beautiful country, you will love it.

2014newme Fri 03-Feb-17 18:30:53

Turkey is indeed a beautiful country and I love it. But to say people ate scaremongering is irresponsible. The main tourist airport was recently bombed for example.
Read the foreign office advice and make up your own mind.

leccybill Fri 03-Feb-17 18:32:28

I adore Turkey, we went several years on the trot but stopped last year and wouldn't go again.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Fri 03-Feb-17 19:00:52

Istanbul is not the main tourist airport for the Turkish resorts. There have been no problems in the resorts.

If you don't want to go then don't, but don't try to scare people, that is unfair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now