Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for August holiday with DCs. All Inclusive or similar.

(5 Posts)
Seth Thu 26-Jan-17 13:37:57

Hi. Can anyone help please ? My friend and I are looking to book a summer holiday (August) with our DC's (There are 5 of them between us ranging from age 10-4). We went to a great 4 star AI place last year for a week in Majorca and would love to go again but neither of us are well off this year.

The things we loved (obviously) about AI was not having to think about any meals, no emptying of dishwashers etc and not spending any much money when we got there, and would love to do it again. Does anyone know of some good quality but not ridiculously expensive IA hotels in Europe please ? Failing that any ideas for a nice half board places with cheap local restaurants nearby. Spain or the Canaries are the obvious choice but happy with Greece etc too. Equally, if anybody has any ideas for other nice places that might fit the bill that would be great. Thanks.

mummymeister Thu 26-Jan-17 15:12:55

i think it would be helpful if you gave a budget. everyones idea of not too expensive is different. you might have left it a bit late now to find a bargain or some free kids places.

Seth Thu 26-Jan-17 15:58:27

Oh Yes sorry!
Last year a week for 2 xDC and I was 2500 with flights for 7 nights AI.
This year It would have to be 2k max - ideally less though!

Joolsy Fri 27-Jan-17 20:14:03

These 2 places I can recommend for AI: www.thomson.co.uk/destinations/europe/spain/ibiza/port-des-torrent/hotels/family-life-club-aura.html and www.firstchoice.co.uk/holiday/accommodation/overview/Tsilivi/Planos-Bay-and-Aqua-Bay-030250 (we stayed at Planos). Both are very similar, quite small and have waterparks very close. The food was very good in both, beach nearby and transfer time not too bad. Don't know what the prices are like for August but if you book early you may get a free child place

Joolsy Fri 27-Jan-17 20:17:35

Also take a look at onthebeach.co.uk - they have some good bargains and you can always look at reviews on tripadvisor. We booked a self catering holiday on there in Lanzarote a few years ago and it was very reasonable

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now