Talk

Advanced search

Disneyland Paris in April - any experience?

(10 Posts)
Bushymuffmum Mon 23-Jan-17 17:36:05

Just that really. I've booked for eurodisney at beginning of April and just don't really know what to expect. We've been to Florida but obviously it's going to be pretty different! Anyone had nice weather at that time of year? Is the parc likely to be busy (it's our school Easter hols but don't know about French kids holidays)?
Would you get a 1 day ticket or two, or is 1 day not enough (4 kids aged 5 to 13)?
And where is the best place to buy tickets, or does everywhere charge about the same?

Thanks all, any suggestions/ideas/ experiences very welcome!

mouldycheesefan Tue 24-Jan-17 09:23:37

Check it isn't French school holidays
I would get a three day ticket
Yes it will be busy make maximum use of fastpass. We went in April once weather was fine.

Runsforwine Tue 24-Jan-17 09:27:07

French holidays are 14 April-2 May so you may be Ok? The weather could be sunny but chilly or wet? No telling really! But hopefully not too cold!!!! Have a fabulous time, Im sure you will love it!!

WatchingFromTheWings Tue 24-Jan-17 09:31:40

You'll need a 3 day pass to get to see everything. A 1 day would be pointless by the time you factor in food and pee breaks. Never been that time of year though so no advise on how busy it will/won't be.

LittleCandle Tue 24-Jan-17 09:32:12

I've been in April. the first day was incredibly hot and gorgeous, but the subsequent days were cold and wet. So pack a mixture of clothing to cover everything, including snow. I've had snow in Paris in April before. We were at Disneyland just before Easter and it was quite busy, but nothing particularly out of the ordinary.

ImCatbug Tue 24-Jan-17 09:43:00

April can be fairly busy but this year will be especially so, as it's the 25th anniversary on April 12th and the celebrations start the end of March. So there will be a lot of exciting things happening but also a lot of people!

2-3 day tickets would be best, you can do everything in 2 days but 3 is much nicer if you can (especially if it's busy). If you're getting 3 day tickets possibly consider an annual pass, there are 3 price levels but you'll only want to consider the top 2 (Fantasy and Dream). There may be blackout dates for the cheaper one (Fantasy) so might not be possible, but the Dream one lets you in all days of the year, gives you 10% of all food and drink and 15% off merchandise and if you buy multiple passes for the same family at once you get a discount.
If you want just regular tickets, getting them direct from the Disneyland Paris site is fine. You won't find them much cheaper elsewhere, the deals mean that tickets bought before you leave are cheaper than on the gate.

Are you staying in a Disney hotel?

Bushymuffmum Tue 24-Jan-17 10:25:55

Thanks guys, that's helpful. We're going beginning April - 2nd to 5th - so hopefully French kids won't be off school. Il deffo get a 2-3 day pass.

We're staying in a Disney-affiliated hotel which is right next to the metro station (1 stop away from Disney) and also offers a free shuttle (Disney is only 1 mile away so I suspect would even be walkable, depending on the viability of the route!)

I feel more reassured now so thanks!

mouldycheesefan Tue 24-Jan-17 12:53:20

You do so much walking at Disney that it is tiring for both you and kids so no doubt you will be grateful for the shuttle. Book your restaurants in advance or on arrival they get very busy.

ImCatbug Tue 24-Jan-17 15:25:01

Are you staying at one of the Val D'Europe hotels? The route is walkable but I would not recommend it, much easier to get the shuttle or RER train.
One thing I recommend is that on the second day, start the day at Walt Disney studios park (usually opens at 9 or 10 but they start letting people in about a half hour before so get there early). Try and be some of the first people in, the 2 newest rides there get 90+ minute queues from before the park even opens so the best thing to do to avoid these waits is immediately start queuing for Crush's Coaster (the queue will be through the park on the right as you enter the main park) and have one person take all the tickets and run to the Ratatouille ride to get Fastpasses for that (free, from the machines on the right of the ride entrance) and then come meet you at Crush again.

Kirriemuir Tue 24-Jan-17 16:22:34

If getting a 3 day pass check prices as an annual pass might be a cheaper option. They also come with extra magic hours plus money off restaurants and shops.

It's not just French holiday you need to check. We always check Italy and Spain too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now