Talk

Advanced search

Portugal/Mainland Spain in Sept

(6 Posts)
Littlepig8834 Sun 22-Jan-17 16:25:03

We are thinking of going to either Portugal or Mainland Spain in Sept, 2 adults, 1 2yr old. Possible that other family may be joining us.

I wanted any recommendations on where to stay, we like self catering so we can come and go as we please and would prefer an apartment so we have a separate bedroom.

Or if there is somewhere else that would suit in Europe, give me your recommendations! We went to Majorca last year (Cala D'Or) and enjoyed it there but we want to try somewhere new.

Budget isn't huge, but hoping that prices will be lower in Sept as it's out of the school holidays.

Lweji Sun 22-Jan-17 16:27:23

Do you want beach, country, city?
What kind of activities do you like?

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 22-Jan-17 16:28:15

Nerja , beautiful place and perfect in September.

Littlepig8834 Sun 22-Jan-17 16:39:03

We're open to anything really, we do like a beach as our DD likes the sand and sea and DH likes to snorkel. But we also like to explore.

We've been recommended Nerja before, will have a look!

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 22-Jan-17 18:39:06

Have a look at Marinas De Nerja - it's an aparthotel on the beach so you've the benefit of hotel facilities but with separate rooms.

bramblina Mon 23-Jan-17 11:00:28

Look at Javea about an hour north of Alicante. We spent 2 weeks there last summer and found it perfect. The beach is wonderful, it has a fantastic promenade, a marina end where the festivals are held, an old part, a new part, shops right along behind the promenade....it was great. There were 12 of us in a villa, kids were aged 3, 8 and 11, there was my 72 year old disabled Mum, and the rest were adults and it suited us all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now