Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to Santa Ponsa, Majorca??

(10 Posts)
fascally77 Fri 23-Feb-07 22:01:18

Off there in June staying at the jardin del mar apartnments, wots the place like?? will be 4 of us with 2 kids aged 8months and a very active 1 yr old!! Any suggestions on places to go and is it child friendly?

mummylin2495 Fri 23-Feb-07 22:38:41

its mostly for german tourists there but very nice place ,it is not so far from magaluff where its mostly brits.( magaluff being really lively ) it is easy to get on local bus from santa ponsa to magauluff.or if you fancy long walk on the seafront you could do that.If you like to see dolphins you can to marine Land ,it is wonderful to see.enjoy your holiday !

mummylin2495 Fri 23-Feb-07 22:41:45

i dont know how child friendly santa Ponsa is because we have never stayed there but the Spanish love children and you will find quite a few play parks around.Also if you get to Marineland ,there is a parrot show too and all the other animals to see.It is a lovely day out.

fascally77 Fri 23-Feb-07 22:52:04

thanks i like the sound of marine land, that should be worth a look. not sure about it being german resort, think there could be a lot of irish that go there! magaluf should be a good day out too.

mummylin2495 Fri 23-Feb-07 23:01:58

i think you wil have to grab your beach towel and nab your sunbathing chair !! in Magaluff there is also aqua park and if you fancy a bit of shopping try going up the whole of the main Magaluff street.it is great at night !!!beware of girls coming up to you offering a rose or something, while they lean forward to give it to you they are trying to rob you.there is a market at a place called inca onwed or thurs but you have to go to Palma train staion and then get the train there ,bout 30 min ride,also a big market on sat im Palma its self.there is a wonderful crazy gold course in Palma Nova which is the next place to Magaluff, it is called golf fantasia..its is so pretty with tunnells ,bridges palm trees its great.sorry if im rambling on but i love Majorca !

mummylin2495 Fri 23-Feb-07 23:02:57

should read golf course !

Mhamai Fri 23-Feb-07 23:14:01

I'm a big fan of Majorca too! I haven't been to Santa Ponsa since 97 so can't really give you a current oppinion. The beach in Magaluff is much bigger. It is largely popular with the Irish but not as much as in the past. Porto Pollensa is really lovely, Alcudia is also really popular and is known for having the best beaches in Majorca. Tis truly a beautiful Island, enjoy!

fascally77 Fri 23-Feb-07 23:21:55

have been to majorca twice before but they have been a total nightmare, so hoping that its 3rd time lucky!!! the island is so lovely we keep going back hoping that its better than the last time, but not so far! will keep eyes open bout the flower sellers, thats a great tip.

mummylin2495 Fri 23-Feb-07 23:22:40

i want to go now,was last there in oct 05 so not that long ago.the first timei went there i was overawed and when we got home i went right back to the travel agent and booked to go again in ten weeks time !!

fascally77 Fri 23-Feb-07 23:31:05

went to alcudia in 2005. its was great apart from, to get into alcudia it cost us 20 euro return in taxi otherwise we were stuck at resort in middle of nowhere, with no reliable bus service!! but still looking forward to going.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now