Talk

Advanced search

Eurocamp/Centre parc type holiday

(19 Posts)
Agadooo Sat 14-Jan-17 13:19:08

Looking at going to. Eurocamp/centre parcs type holiday in The Netherlands/Holland- don't want to hire a car so looking for one that I can get to from the airport n won't cost a fortune by taxi. Will have kids of 8 and 10 so need enough to keep them busy. Will be mid July. Any help please?

TheSconeOfStone Sat 14-Jan-17 14:20:51

We're going to Duinrell near The Hague this Summer. We're driving from the UK but you could fly to Amsterdam and get a train/bus from there. Looks like plenty of public transport and bike hire options once you get there. The park has it's own theme park and fun pool on site and is close to interesting towns for excursions.

TheSconeOfStone Sat 14-Jan-17 14:21:43

You can book through Eurocamp but we're booking direct with our own tent. I guess with Eurocamp you'll get kids clubs etc.

morningafterglow Sat 14-Jan-17 14:25:27

Look up Landal Greenparks. A bit like centerparcs but perhaps less activities and kids clubs will be in Dutch. Great facilities though and fraction of the price of CP. There are loads of parks in NL and they are fab. Not driving might narrow your options but well worth a look.

Agadooo Sat 14-Jan-17 18:15:03

Thank you -off to google your suggestions-may be back with questions smile

Ilovehamabeads Sun 15-Jan-17 15:41:49

It's a good few years ago now but my parents took us to CP in Zandvoort and it was brilliant. Although we drove there, I remember we got the train from nearby Haarlem into Amsterdam a couple of times during our stay becasuse it was so close.

AngelsWithSilverWings Sun 15-Jan-17 15:45:41

Duinrell is great. We've always driven but it is possible to get to the park from Amsterdam by train. We found it quite expensive to use the train so it may be worth looking into an airport bus. I think there may be one direct to the park in high season.

Agadooo Sun 15-Jan-17 21:31:12

Thanks-would there be enough in Duinrell park to keep busy for 7/10 days or is there really just the swimming n amusement park and would prob need to go out the park? If so, will there be nice places nearby we could get to easily with public transport do you think?

AngelsWithSilverWings Sun 15-Jan-17 23:13:17

We've been twice with our DC and and never run out of stuff to do. We've always had the car with us so have done a mixture of site seeing , swimming and the amusement park. Our DC loved hiring go carts and would tour around the park while we chilled out in the accommodation.

There is a beach nearby and you can hire bikes to cycle to it.

Leiden is a short bus ride away and there are always organised tours you can do.

The town of Wassenaar is only a few mins walk away and there are restaurants and supermarkets plus a fantastic ice cream parlour that sells homemade ice cream for just over a Euro a scoop.

If you decide to go try and get accommodation on the Eiland section of the park. It's car free and more secluded.

No1HolidayPlanner Mon 16-Jan-17 09:32:25

Duinrell is fab.. So much to do.. Hire bikes and cycle paths are fab.. You will not be boredsmile

wigglesrock Mon 16-Jan-17 12:04:10

We went to Duinrell last summer - our kids then were 10,8 and 5 - we had a brilliant time. Played about in the park, went on rides several hundred times grin, went for walks, lay about, went swimming (we used the pool much less than I thought), walked into Wassenaar, ate copious amounts of pancakes and took a trip into Amsterdam. We caught the bus to train station and then the trains it was easy as pie. We well filled our week and probably could have stayed longer.

TheSconeOfStone Mon 16-Jan-17 12:59:30

Pleased to hear so many positives about Duinrell. Can't wait for our holiday in August.

Agadooo Tue 17-Jan-17 17:16:54

That all sounds great and perfect-thank you for great responses. When I looked at their website it looked like you could only book for 7 or 14 nights and 10 nights wasn't an option-is that right?

228agreenend Tue 17-Jan-17 17:30:16

Had a great time at Duinrell a few years ago. There's not just Eurocamps there, bit all the different camping/caravan companies, so it's worth looking around for the best offers. We used to go to the theme park early and late, when it was less busy.

There's lots of attractions around. Amsterdam isn't too far away, and there's a lovely sandy beach nearby, which was practically empty when we went.

No1HolidayPlanner Tue 17-Jan-17 18:13:56

If u book direct you cannot stay for 10 nights.. Book through Eurocamp, Thomson Alfresco or Canvas and you will get more flexibility.. Enjoysmile

Agadooo Tue 17-Jan-17 18:45:05

Ah i see -thanks for that-assume other than price, it doesn't really matter which company I book through?

No1HolidayPlanner Tue 17-Jan-17 20:43:18

Eurocamp have lots of mobiles on the site and we go with them.. Bigger, higher spec caravans obviously more expensive.smile

Suttonmum1 Tue 17-Jan-17 20:48:51

We had Duinrell's own accomodation, was better than a mobile, called a Duingelow I think. Also you can take the bike path into The Hague, where there's a really good model village on the outskirts.

Leiden has a great science museum which is shaped like a big body and you get to walk round the insides, called Corpus.

AngelsWithSilverWings Tue 17-Jan-17 22:30:16

We always book with Eurocamp but always the highest grade caravan.

One of the nice things about Duinrell if you are staying with children is the huge play area in then middle of the theme park. Once all of the day trippers have gone home and the rides have all closed for the night you still have access to the play area. You can take a bottle of wine and some snacks and sit at one of the many picnic benches while you watch the kids play.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now