Talk

Advanced search

Fab holiday resort with indoor pool?

(13 Posts)
Disabrie22 Wed 11-Jan-17 21:20:00

It's for my skinny child who can only take so much of an outdoor pool before they freeze! Can anyone reccomend a great resort or site they have been to with a great indoor pool?

BartholinsSister Thu 12-Jan-17 09:16:25

Duinrell.

Costacoffeeplease Thu 12-Jan-17 09:19:03

Heated outdoor pool?

Monte Dourado or Rocha Brava in Carvoeiro, Algarve

BarbaraofSeville Thu 12-Jan-17 09:20:16

Wetsuit?

mummymeister Thu 12-Jan-17 10:48:48

Indoor pools in Europe are pretty rare. I remember a thread last year where someone with a similar child brought a rash vest, shorty wetsuit and toga towel and this seemed to do the trick. would be easier to do this than try and find a hotel outside of the uk with an indoor pool.

loopyloo87 Fri 13-Jan-17 08:45:38

I've been researching this myself as my daughter gets very cold indoor pools do exist but seem to be in some of the 5 star hotels which are very pricy

BarbaraofSeville Fri 13-Jan-17 08:54:46

If you do find one, check it is open when you want to go. I'm sure I've seen hotels with indoor pools that are only open outside the summer period.

A heated pool is very expensive to run, so it is understandable that they wouldn't want to keep it clean and heated when hardly anyone would be using it.

More common is hotels in the Canary islands that have heated outdoor pools outside the main summer season, which would be good if you were going at Easter, October or Christmas for example.

mouldycheesefan Fri 13-Jan-17 14:51:55

Sheraton Fuerteventura has a heated kids pool but check its heated all year
Centre parcs is another option

BarbaraofSeville Sun 15-Jan-17 15:35:20

There's also Billund in Denmark. There's a Center Parcs style resort with dome with pool, spa, restaurants and other stuff and a Lego Land next door. Not sure what else is nearby but coast with nature reserve areas is less than an hour away by bus. You can fly cheaply from Stansted with Ryanair and Lego Land etc is a very short bus ride from the airport.

lanbro Sun 15-Jan-17 16:47:36

The Holiday Village in Benalmadena has an indoor pool, children are only allowed in certain times and you have to wear a swimming cap!

LIZS Sun 15-Jan-17 16:50:25

Pierre et vacances, some sites like Belle Dune have indoor pools with slides etc. Larger alpine resorts often have indoor/outdoor pools.

specialsubject Sun 15-Jan-17 17:37:12

wetsuit. Supermarket one will do but it needs to fit tightly.

rash vest keeps sun off and actually intensifies wind chill.

or the sea, which is often warmer and certainly cleaner.

puglife15 Tue 17-Jan-17 11:48:54

Sani Beach Hotel has an indoor pool and all the outdoor ones are well heated too. The outdoor kids pool at part of the resort is actually unbearably warm!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now