Talk

Advanced search

Algarve in May or June with a 1 year old

(5 Posts)
polexiaaphrodesia Wed 11-Jan-17 08:32:31

Does anyone have any experience of what the difference in weather is between mid May and early June in the Algarve.
We would be avoiding the May half term week but I want to make sure DS doesn't get too hot but that DH and I can also tag-team to get a bit of swimming and relaxing on a sunlounger each. Thanks!

Costacoffeeplease Wed 11-Jan-17 08:43:35

I live in the Algarve, if you don't want to be too hot I'd go for mid May, last June was hot!

polexiaaphrodesia Wed 11-Jan-17 08:54:19

Thank you costa that's good to know. I don't fancy spending a week stuck inside with the air con on full blast!

SuperManStoleMyPants Wed 11-Jan-17 08:55:33

May would be more comfortable.

Roomba Wed 11-Jan-17 09:57:07

I've been to the Algarve in June, with a one year old. There's usually a decent breeze there, so it doesn't feel so overpoweringly hot. Also it seemed to cool down a bit more at night than a lot of places we've been to. Obviously May will be cooler if you can go then.

As long as you get them to drink plenty water, keep them in shade as much as you can and use LOADS of suncream, you should be fine. I suppose it depends on the child though, DS seems less bothered by heat than the adults, but many don't like it hot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now