Talk

Advanced search

Anyone used Hoppa or Shuttle Direct?

(12 Posts)
beatricequimby Tue 10-Jan-17 19:05:58

Thinking about booking airport transfers between Palma and Puerto Pollensa. Anyone used either Hoppa, Shuttle Direct or any other company they would recommend? Don't want to use the local buses for transfers because of the flight times and am definitely not hiring a car.

bingohandjob Tue 10-Jan-17 22:33:31

Used hoppa...or rather, didn't use... absolute rubbish. Didn't turn up, didn't answer calls or emails...avoid at all costs.

Excitedforxmas Tue 10-Jan-17 22:43:09

Used them loads with no problems. Last year was a bit if a delay waiting on next flight coming in but transfer was quick

SJane45S Wed 11-Jan-17 12:12:18

I've used Hoppa numerous times with no problems either. In stark contrast to another firm we used (name escapes me) who didn't turn up or answer my calls.

beatricequimby Wed 11-Jan-17 18:41:28

Thanks everyone.

Bingoandhop was this is Majorca?

AgentProvocateur Wed 11-Jan-17 18:43:15

We always use Hoppa from the airport to PP and have never had a problem in 10 years of using them. I think bingohandjob must have been unlucky.

beatricequimby Wed 11-Jan-17 18:46:26

Thanks Agent, that's good to know.

If avoid Hoppa like the plague - do don't pick me up last year in Cyprus and took 5 months to reply to my complaint and initially refused me a refund as they said they were there. I asked them to prove it and they sent me a photo of their stand - which had a supplier name on which bore no resemblance to the supplier details on my confirmation.

Against my better judgment I used them for a customer this month due to price - low and behold the taxi didn't turn up for the return journey and the customer wasn't contacted despite the fact they had phoned them earlier that day to remind them. Never again - the aftercare is abysmal.

Have used shuttle direct loads of times with no issues, also holiday taxis.

didnt pick me up

Bejazzled Thu 12-Jan-17 18:55:04

Quite often your hotel will have links with taxi or transfer companies and can help arrange it for you

beatricequimby Thu 12-Jan-17 19:57:00

We are in a self catering apartment and there are six of us. Don't want to go for something cheap and unreliable but don't want to be totally fleeced either. Hmmm...

Makemineacabsauv Thu 19-Jan-17 22:31:22

I have used hoppa for years and always been great - and very good value!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now