Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

need a week in the summer with dh,myself and ds(15)...any recommendations?

(6 Posts)
ssd Sun 08-Jan-17 22:27:37

budget £1500 for the 3 of us, flying from Scotland

going towards end of June (Scotland school hols)

been to Barcelona so not there

help!

Bejazzled Sun 08-Jan-17 23:17:01

Lake Garda all the way!

We stayed in an apartment here It was brilliant, so much to do and the wee bus takes you up and down to Peschiera several times a day, it's a great town with loads of places to eat and drink.

ssd Mon 09-Jan-17 16:31:23

your link just goes to the main page, not a hotel? I'd love to go to Lake Garda, but there seems to be so many places there, where would you recommend?

Bejazzled Mon 09-Jan-17 18:02:28

Sorry, it was the Eden Apartments in Peschiera from Thomson Lakes, with the flights and accommodation it was on your budget.

We've been to Peschiera twice, Garda town, Bardolino and Riva.
Garda and Bardolino don't have as much for a 15yo although both are busy small towns. You can visit all the small towns round the lake by ferry, there is a family travel ticket to save money. Everywhere is great for food and wine
Peschiera is handy for the water park and movie land theme park (free bus from the central bus station) it has water sports and a small pebble beach. It has a ferry terminal and is on the main train line, 20minutes to visit Verona which is beautiful, or if you fancy it further afield is Milan. My teenager loves it there. Riva is at the other end of the lake, busy bigger town and it's windier so great for water sports and has a beach.
If you go to Lake Garda, take the ferry to Malcesine and go up the mountain Monte Baldo in the cable car, great fun and you can get lunch at the top, the views are brilliant! Go early as the queues get long in the afternoon.
I want to go back now!

Bejazzled Mon 09-Jan-17 18:06:05

P.s
The 2nd time in Peschiera we booked flights to Verona and this small family hotel instead of using a travel company. We got a double facing the lake and a single facing the town, b&b. They speak great English if you fancy booking direct.

ssd Mon 09-Jan-17 21:48:49

thanks, will check it all out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now