Talk

Advanced search

Most likely silly question about hand baggage only.

(13 Posts)
DesolateWaist Sun 08-Jan-17 19:44:29

I'm flying to central Europe on a hand baggage only flight.
I have only ever flown with checked luggage before.
I will check in online so what do I do when I get to the airport? Do I still need to check in for my flight?

Sorry if this is dumb question but I have no idea how this works. I'm flying BA if it makes any difference.

ineedamoreadultieradult Sun 08-Jan-17 19:45:23

No if your already checked in and printed your boarding card just head to security.

eurochick Sun 08-Jan-17 19:46:13

Yep. Just head straight to security.

DesolateWaist Sun 08-Jan-17 19:47:39

Ah, I'll have my boarding pass on my phone, and hopefully DH will too. I doesn't always work though.

If it doesn't work then I might need them to print it for me as I don't have a printer.

Godotsarrived Sun 08-Jan-17 19:53:24

Can you print it out at the library or at work. The airline will charge you s fortune for printing it especially the low cost carriers.

ineedamoreadultieradult Sun 08-Jan-17 19:55:10

Definitely find a way to print before you get there. They will charge a fee and it will really hold you up.

DesolateWaist Sun 08-Jan-17 22:06:19

Can't do it at work as I'm a teacher and therefore not at work directly before I go.
I have a friend with a printer who can help!

CMOTDibbler Sun 08-Jan-17 22:07:35

If you are flying BA, you can print it at the kiosk in the airport for free

Threesoundslikealot Sun 08-Jan-17 22:08:22

BA won't charge you! I fly BA twice a week and the boarding pass on my phone works every time anyway. But in the unlikely event of a failure, BA will happily print you one, or you can print one out yourself at a ticket machine if your airport has them.

Chill!

Foldedtshirt Sun 08-Jan-17 22:09:10

I've never had any problems without a boarding pass, BA will be fine.

Helenluvsrob Sun 08-Jan-17 22:09:41

Never had a problem with a boarding pass on the phone ( Ryan air , klm and I think easy jet). Handbaggage only is great. You just swan straight through to security with a Piti g glance at the check inqueies 😂

sparechange Sun 08-Jan-17 22:10:27

The BA app is good so shouldn't crash

If for any reason it doesn't work, just go to any of the BA desks and ask them to print you a paper copy.

If you've got a clear plastic bag of the correct size, put your liquids in there when you pack. If you don't have a bag, put your liquids in any bag so you can grab a bag before you go through security and decant things then.

When I'm traveling with hand luggage, I tend to get to the airport about an hour before the flight and go straight through security and head towards the gate. You might not want to cut it as fine, but you don't need to hang around in the airport for 2 hours..!

DesolateWaist Sun 08-Jan-17 22:46:54

It's not the app crashing that causes the problem it's DH checking in after I have and not and getting it to work on his phone.
Never got that to work in the past.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now