Talk

Advanced search

Is there a Princess Yaiza equivalent on Tenerife?

(17 Posts)
butteroneverything Sun 08-Jan-17 14:29:25

Last March, we had a wonderful holiday at the Princess Yaiza in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote. We are looking for something similar for a week in March this year for me, DH, and 2 DCs (aged 3 and 6months) - but would prefer to try a different island for variety - probably Tenerife.

The things we loved about Yaiza were the fabulous service, massive rooms, lavish breakfast, heated pool, direct access to beach, promenade along to some great local-ish restaurants and easy car hire for when we wanted to explore the island one day. Does this kind of place exist on Tenerife?

AveEldon Sun 08-Jan-17 18:19:59

Maybe Gran Hotel Roca Nivaria or Hotel Bahia del Duque
Not been to either so can't add personal opinion

butteroneverything Sun 08-Jan-17 22:36:21

Thanks Ave. Both look amazing, although sadly Bahia del Duque is slightly over budget grin.
Does anyone know what the area around Roca Nivaria is like? We'd like to have local restaurants etc within walking distance. Plus seen some comments on TA about the building work nearby

JohnCheese Mon 09-Jan-17 20:49:06

Iberostar anthelia is lovely, a short walk from the beach. I think they're doing some renovations this summer so there may not be many vacancies. Call them if the website says no vacancy - their website is (or was when I did it) remarkably poor. There are a few other high-star hotels in Costa Adeje.

Abama (a Ritz carlton) is a more expensive but lovely too.

ceeveebee Mon 09-Jan-17 20:55:07

I was recommended hotel suite villa Maria by a friend of mine who has also been to Yaiza.
We didn't go there ourselves as it was booked up, we went to baobab suites which were amazing but less of a resort, more luxury apartments

ceeveebee Mon 09-Jan-17 20:55:55

Sorry - should say both those places are Coste Adele

ceeveebee Mon 09-Jan-17 20:56:12

*Adeje

Madbengalmum Mon 09-Jan-17 20:56:39

Roca nivaria is well away from adeje where bahia del duque and the best shops and restaurants are. I havent stayed in the roca nivaria area nor would want to. However, i can vouch for bahia del duque and the gran anthelia. Also look at jardines de nivaria and gran tacande hotels which are next to the del duque and anthelia. All are sea front with many nice bars and restaurants. Pm me if you need any other advice as i have stayed in most of the sea front properties.

Abama is miles out with nothing but banana plantations around it and on a busy road, you must have a car, i wouldn't recommend as nowhere to walk to.

Madbengalmum Mon 09-Jan-17 20:57:20

villa maria is pleasant but along way from sea front.

JohnCheese Mon 09-Jan-17 21:44:36

Derail alert!
Madbengalmum is Bahia Del Duque worth the money?

usernbvvggbnnfgh Mon 09-Jan-17 21:52:12

Barcelo Santiago, in Puerto de Santiago. I was there with family last Dec for 7nights. Amazing facilities and views, nice location too. Research it further on Trip Adv.

butteroneverything Mon 09-Jan-17 22:49:47

This is brilliant, thank you everyone, and especially madbengalmum. I'd narrowed it down to the Adeje area, but this intel is really useful. I'll have a look at the places mentioned and see what kind of deals I can get, and see which looks like the best value. I'll come back if I have more questions.
And Johncheese, no need to apologise for derailment at all - I'm interested to know the answer too!

Madbengalmum Tue 10-Jan-17 10:58:58

Bahia del duque is a beautiful property located perfectly for sea front walks and a lovely little beach. Great for families because it is very secure and you can't go in if you are not staying there.Shops and restaurants all around.
Now for the issue. Some of the rooms are beautifully done, ducal rooms in particular offer a excutive club and nicer location on site. There are also some villas on site, which are amazing,but amazing price. Many of the non sea view rooms are in the gardens and can be very dark. Although the del duque is by no means high rise, a room higher up, away from dense vegetation should sort this issue out.
However, inho,all rooms should be bright and airy and good for the price.
To sum up, if you get the right room it really is one of the nicest places in the area, but not the only one.
Like i say if anyone wants any more advice just pm me.

minipie Tue 10-Jan-17 20:28:49

hi butter, we had a lovely holiday last autumn in Baobab Suites. I looked at all the hotel options mentioned above but chose Baobab as we could get an apartment with 2 bedrooms, full kitchen and private pool and I think the price wasn't any different to a hotel room (got a good deal with Tots Too). Location isn't as good as the Bahia del Duque as it's a long walk or short drive to the Duque beach and promenade, rather than right on it, but I decided that was worth it for the extra space/kitchen and own pool - great for using while our little one napped. Kids facilities are great too. Anyway worth a look and PM me if you have any questions.

LavenderDoll Tue 10-Jan-17 20:30:46

Sorry to derail thread OP
we have booked to go Lanzarote end of March beginning of April just wondered what the weather would be like so I have an idea of what to pack grin

butteroneverything Sun 15-Jan-17 21:12:17

Sorry Lavender - missed your post.
It was hot enough during day for sunbathing, playing on beach and swimming in (heated) pool, but never scorching. In evening it got chilly and I needed a light jacket but able to eat outside etc if you wanted. Like a good British summer I'd say, 22-25ish degrees and no rain

LavenderDoll Mon 16-Jan-17 14:29:20

thanks so much for reply.
Although I prefer scorching wink I guess warm is better with young DC.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now