Talk

Advanced search

DLP - Food Plans - Vegetarians - Help!

(27 Posts)
MrsBettany Sat 07-Jan-17 22:27:20

Any DLP experts, please help (and if you're a veggie, even better!).

We've booked to go to DLP for the first time and have got a half board standard dining plan. As far as I can work out, this gives us vouchers for a limited number of buffet style restaurants (all of which apparently offer a veggie option). I also understand that you really need to book the restaurants in advance, especially at peak times otherwise you will struggle. As we're going in the summer holidays I'd want to be booked.

My issue is that me and my kids are veggie - I eat most veggie food but the kids are a little more fussy, though not unusually fussy. I'd want to look at the menus of the restaurants we can use before I book them but as they are buffet restaurants the only info that comes up as a 'menu' when I look at them on the dlpguide.com website is the price per head for the buffet, no indication on what food is served apart from a broad cuisine type.

My dilemma is do I book in advance without knowing what the menu is and end up choosing somewhere the kids hate and end up wasting the vouchers vs waiting until we are there, seeing which menus are best but possibly not being able to get in.

So... does anyone know anywhere I can see what the menus are or can any veggies recommend the best veggie child friendly restaurants or can anyone who has been to DLP in the summer be able to reassure me that we can get into restaurants without having booked (the last one is unlikely I know!).

Any other DLP tips or info is also welcome - we're staying at the Cheyenne place.

TIA

NineteenForever Sun 08-Jan-17 07:38:36

Hi
I don't have specific info on veggie options at DLP but suggest that you perhaps look at thedibb.co.uk and ask the question on the Paris part of the forum or dlpguide.com. have a great time!

MrsBetfair Sun 08-Jan-17 10:12:04

Thanks - have registered with dlpguide forum, just waiting for account to be validated by admin then will post there. Not heard of dibb so will check that out!

MrsBetfair Sun 08-Jan-17 10:12:43

Name change fail! blush

HeCantBeSerious Sun 08-Jan-17 10:18:05

I'd never pay for a meal plan at DLP, but too late! We've been 3 times. First time we ate at table service places which basically meant beige food. Second time round we were smarter and did the buffets. They all have plenty of veggie choice and variety - pasta/pizza/soups/salads/veggies/rice dishes/veggie chilli etc.

HeCantBeSerious Sun 08-Jan-17 10:18:49

There's a Facebook group - Disneyland Paris for Brits that's worth joining too.

MrsBettany Sun 08-Jan-17 10:52:49

Thanks!

superram Sun 08-Jan-17 10:54:27

We stayed in the dlp hotel and the food was excellent.

HeCantBeSerious Sun 08-Jan-17 11:04:41

There are 6 Disney hotels. Do you mean the 5* pink hotel at the entrance to the park? Given the prices I'd hope the food was excellent! '

SJane45S Sun 08-Jan-17 13:24:13

We did the half board dining plan & I'm a veggie. As you say, you're restricted to the buffet restaurants. The best place in terms of decent and tasty veggie options was the Cafe Agrabah which served Lebanese/Moroccan food. My meat eating DD is v unadventurous though and didn't like it. The buffets at the Cheyenne & Santa Fe both had numerous (if pretty bland!) veggie options. You'll definitely have choices wherever you go! You do need to book but you can do this at reception in your hotel in the morning. We stayed at the Santa Fe - would stay elsewhere next time!

HeCantBeSerious Sun 08-Jan-17 13:59:43

We've stayed at Santa Fe 3 times.

SJane45S Sun 08-Jan-17 14:17:45

Each to their own! Wherever you stay you're unlikely to spend much time in your room. Ours was clean but smelt strongly of drains, our beds weren't very comfortable & the walls were thin & we had very noisy neighbours. We had a fantastic time at the park but if we go again, it won't be to the Santa Fe. Having said that it's clean and functional!

HeCantBeSerious Sun 08-Jan-17 14:36:36

Ah. We go as a big group out of season so they tend to give us a floor to ourselves and we get in with it. We only sleep there - we don't bother with breakfast and are up and out early and gone all day.

MrsBettany Sun 08-Jan-17 16:10:17

What were the options like at Cafe Agrabah? That's one where I tried to find a menu but couldn't. Middle Eastern would be fab for me and DH but possibly less so for the kids. Just wondered if they all had chips etc as a fallback option (it's only a few days so won't hold them back from the junk!).

HeCantBeSerious Sun 08-Jan-17 16:13:34

You won't find menus for the buffets.

Agrabah is things like houmus, cous cous, meat tagine, fish, olives, salads etc. Can't remember if there were chips there.

OutDamnedWind Sun 08-Jan-17 16:20:53

When we went recently we found the Main Street Plaza one the best for veggie food. Had a big salad bar which really helped (and lovely cakes!). Then various cooked options, everything from veal stew to pizza and chips.

The hotel had veggie options, although a little bland at times.

Billy Bob's in the Village was the worst of the ones we went to in terms of veggie food, but more through it being random things - there were options at every place!

OutDamnedWind Sun 08-Jan-17 16:21:24

Should say Agrabah was closed whilst we were there so can't comment on that.

MrsBettany Sun 08-Jan-17 16:30:19

Thanks everyone, really appreciate the tips! Keep it coming...

Toffeelatteplease Sun 08-Jan-17 16:39:11

I was also going to suggest cafe Agrabah. (Not veggie myself but always look and think these must be the best veggie options as the food is awesome)

All the restaurants from memory a have chips, pasta and tomato pasta sauce option (including buffets and cafe agrabah). My kids seem to choose this a lot blush

Cafe Agrabah is one of our favourite places to eat

MrsBettany Sun 08-Jan-17 16:43:40

If they've got pasta and chips then we're onto a winner!!

HeCantBeSerious Sun 08-Jan-17 16:58:17

I prefer Billy bobs to agrabah.

SJane45S Sun 08-Jan-17 17:17:37

From memory there were chips and bread at the Agrabah which were the only things my DD ate (she's better 2 years down the line but life used to be hard work!). There was also I think some generic options as well as the middle eastern food. It was the only place au actually enjoyed eating rather than just filling my boots if you know what I mean!

SJane45S Sun 08-Jan-17 17:18:11

I not au - must check before I post!

HeCantBeSerious Sun 08-Jan-17 17:30:47

I loved the food at the princess meal (twice), it was good at the Wild West show too.

SJane45S Sun 08-Jan-17 17:40:13

smile HeCantBeSerious, had a very experience to you at the Princess dinner - can't remember what my veggie options were but it was all not very nice at all for the price! However, I'd have paid twice as much again to see the absolutely star struck look on my DDs face when Cinderella came over!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now