Talk

Advanced search

Recommend a holiday - willing to go *nearly* anywhere

(17 Posts)
AngryCrispLady Fri 06-Jan-17 19:42:39

Recommend me a European holiday destination - we are willing to go anywhere as long as it's not ridiculously expensive. Been to Malaga, Sorrento and other city breaks with kids, would be up for resort if it was right fit for us... Preferably sun and a pool and / or beach.
We have a 4 and 6 year old...

AngryCrispLady Sat 07-Jan-17 09:47:49

Bump

ThisNight Sat 07-Jan-17 09:51:28

We enjoyed Majorca, short flight, not too hot, lovely food. The east side of the island seems to be most family friendly.

ThisNight Sat 07-Jan-17 09:53:33

And stayed here

Costacoffeeplease Sat 07-Jan-17 09:57:03

I live in Carvoeiro in the Algarve, very popular with families, lots of apartment and villa accommodation and a wide variety of restaurants

Happy to answer any questions

Stokey Sat 07-Jan-17 10:16:47

Menorca is nice, very child friendly. We went a couple of years ago with a 3 & 5 yo. Did a few days in a couple of hotels - the resort one was Royal Son Bou - and a week in a villa. It's a small island so easy to get around, we needed a car for the villa week but not for the first week.

AngryCrispLady Sat 07-Jan-17 12:00:44

Thanks for the suggestions! Would you agree that hotel better than self catering with kids this age?

5BlueHydrangea Sat 07-Jan-17 12:03:28

Corfu is lovely. We went with Thomson and stayed near Glyfada. Have been there twice. Loved it so much been there twice and planning another trip. Great beach, pool, hotel.

Costacoffeeplease Sat 07-Jan-17 12:06:56

Personally I'd say self catering is better so you can make snacks or quick meals for the children, plus you've got a living room for once they're in bed

CannotEvenDeal Sat 07-Jan-17 12:09:25

Seething with jealousy that Costa lives in Carvoeiro angry Que saudades!

We had a lovely summer there 2 years ago. We stayed half board.

Costacoffeeplease Sat 07-Jan-17 12:13:08

grin

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Sat 07-Jan-17 13:52:12

Croatia. We did villa with pool near Dubrovnik. Great holiday.

LumelaMme Sat 07-Jan-17 14:03:11

Malta. Loads to do, cheap buses to get you around. Have been with small DC and would recommend self catering.

Stokey Sun 08-Jan-17 08:47:48

I think both work. Hotels can be good in terms of facilities, kids clubs mini discos and such like, and you don't have to cook. Also tend to be in good locations, beach front with bigger pools.

SC gives you more flexibility, but can mean you have to drive to go for meals or get to the beach.

AngryCrispLady Sun 08-Jan-17 09:06:05

Sorry, busy day yesterday but am grateful for your answers. Do like the look of Croatia and Malta. And am jealous of Ciara's living arrangements also!

AngryCrispLady Sun 08-Jan-17 10:03:01

Costa I mean...

Costacoffeeplease Sun 08-Jan-17 10:54:59

gringrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now