Talk

Advanced search

PLEASE recommend somewhere in France, family hols west coast (mid to south)

(15 Posts)
sweetheart Wed 21-Feb-07 16:35:35

I am looking for somewhere to go in France this year. We want to be within A 5(ish) hour drive of Cherbourg. We are looking at the west coast so probably Brittany, La Rochelle or possibly as far south as Bordeaux - although that might be a bit far unless we find the perfect place there.

We want somewhere thats family orientated - with lots to do - theme park, water park, day trips?!?!?! that sort of thing.

I'm finding it really hard to find accomodation. We'd ideally like an apartment so that dh and I can have a seperate sleeping room from the kids (dd 6 and ds 1)

We'd like somewhere that has a kids club or some kind of evening entertainment for them but not keycamp or any other caravan park!

Any ideas - please!!!!!

FluffyMummy123 Wed 21-Feb-07 16:36:15

Message withdrawn

Lucycat Wed 21-Feb-07 16:36:58

Have you tried looking at the Yelloh! website?

they are french

FluffyMummy123 Wed 21-Feb-07 16:37:07

Message withdrawn

FluffyMummy123 Wed 21-Feb-07 16:37:50

Message withdrawn

sweetheart Wed 21-Feb-07 16:45:20

will check those out thanks - can you recommend an area or town that would suit?

lilibet Wed 21-Feb-07 16:46:07

Yep, why not camping, it sounds just what you want. Dh and I always get a three bedroomed caravan, they are lovely and you can choose to have the bedrooms at seperate ends (for 'privacy' ahem!) or together and the living area at the end. We usually keycamp but we are with eurocamp this year as the prices were cheaper when we want to go. In Brittany I would recommend here . All the major companies are there and it's a really lovely site.

sweetheart Wed 21-Feb-07 16:46:17

we have a caravan for short breaks during the year - this is my summer holiday and I don't want to spend it camping! I need sun, sea and sand - well at least sun!

FluffyMummy123 Wed 21-Feb-07 16:46:28

Message withdrawn

FluffyMummy123 Wed 21-Feb-07 16:47:09

Message withdrawn

Marina Wed 21-Feb-07 16:51:21

We are going right near La Palmyre cod

Sweetheart, how about Pierre et Vacances - have linked to one example, near Les Sables d'Olonne.

I do know a very nice gite inland from Meschers sur Gironde if you are interested but a swing in the (lovely) garden is as good as it gets entertainment wise

There is LOADS to do for families all down that coast

FluffyMummy123 Wed 21-Feb-07 17:16:37

Message withdrawn

Lucycat Wed 21-Feb-07 17:17:58

Here you go yelloh villages.

They are supposed to be nice and do a range of accomodation.

cremolaDave Wed 21-Feb-07 17:33:24

know this coast really well- certainly the bit btween La Rochelle and Blaye. There is a new Club med at La Palmyre-here if that is your thing.The whole area to the south of this including Stpalais sur Mer Royan St Georges de Didonne and meschers is a prime family holiday destination- beaches and campsite abound. However you might be better off in an apartmnet. Check out this website for ideas. I have been going to this area for over 30 years and still have not got bored.
website in english
I am happy to talk to you again about anywhere in particular.

JoshandJamie Wed 21-Feb-07 18:21:18

Tots to France

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: