Talk

Advanced search

Copenhagen/Legoland

(5 Posts)
TheSconeOfStone Thu 05-Jan-17 20:53:38

I'm thinking about a Summer half term trip to Copenhagen and Billund Legoland. Just wandering about accommodation for a night or two in Billund and how best to split the time. Probably staying for 5 nights in total.

Also any recommendations for apartments? We need a separate room for the kids to sleep in. DD has ASD and we can't all sleep in one room. She needs dark and quiet to sleep.

TheGingerBreadWoman Thu 05-Jan-17 21:09:04

We went to Billund about 6 years ago now. We stayed on the campsite next to the swimming pool. We had a small log cabin (2 adults and one child). It was grand for what we needed. The campsite was lovely with loads of space and good facilities.
Lego land was a 5-10 minute walk from there.
If I was going back I would definitely go back to the campsite.

TheGingerBreadWoman Thu 05-Jan-17 21:10:28

Meant to say the cabin had 2 bedrooms - one double bed and in the other room bunks on one side and a single the other. It also had a small living/dining/cooking area and a bathroom.

ReaderIMarriedHim Thu 05-Jan-17 22:47:00

We spent 4 nights in Copenhagen and 3 nights in Billund in August 2016. In Billund, we stayed in Lalandia - the holiday park next to Legoland - in a two bedroom cabin which had loads of room and was very comfortable. It was easy to walk to Legoland, and Lalandia itself has a centre with swimming pools, mini golf, restaurants etc. I'd recommend it. It was easy to get the train between Copenhagen and Velje (nearest station with frequent buses to Legoland/Lalandia). It's worth checking Danish school holiday dates - they don't seem to overlap with British holidays all the time, and going to Legoland during the Danish school term meant the queues were really quite short and reasonable (compared to Legoland Windsor in the school holidays!!). Denmark was fantastic (even though food was eye-wateringly expensive) - enjoy your holiday!

AveEldon Sun 08-Jan-17 10:49:19

We have stayed in Lalandia - the cabins are good
There is also the LEGOLAND hotel

In Copenhagen we have only stayed in hotels. Usually Scandic ones. What about a hotel suite? Or AirBNB?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now