Talk

Advanced search

Holiday ideas in europe

(4 Posts)
Pinkpeanut27 Tue 03-Jan-17 17:37:14

Looking for something different to the usual villa in Spain or Italy .
Kids don't like it very hot so need plenty of aircon so probably not somewhere rural. I have 2 boys who get bored at the beach/ pool after about half an hour one 7 one 14.
I don't want to do lots of driving , need somewhere that we have at least 2 bedrooms and a sofa bed area as kids play merry hell if they share due to age and sex!
Don't mind hotel or self catering but need nice hotel food as I have one very fussy eater !
Any thoughts that don't involve a tent as my life is too short !

Last year was New York which was fab so City breaks are ok but would need to team that with a few days on a beach for dd and Dh .

Teds77 Wed 04-Jan-17 10:07:26

Can't suggest a hotel or villa but what about the Alps somewhere? I have really happy memories of holidays in Austria, Switzerland and the French Alps as a teenager. Loads of activities and weather usually good. Folks often recommend various Kinderhotels on here, though they may be better for your seven year old rather than the 14 year old.

mummymeister Thu 05-Jan-17 09:44:20

had you thought about doing an activity break with them? we went on a sailing / windsurfing week to vassiliki with ocean elements and it was brilliant for young teens. basic accommodation but everything organised to tire them out.

Pinkpeanut27 Thu 05-Jan-17 10:02:53

Good ideas will have a look . I think my eldest would love the Alps as he hates the heat and loves the outdoors !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now