Talk

Advanced search

Good weather In April?

(9 Posts)
Notveryhappyvalley Mon 02-Jan-17 17:15:11

For various reasons it seems the only time we can get a week away this year will be during the school Easter holidays (8th-23rd April). I'd like to go somewhere warm enough to do some beach and pool days alongside some sightseeing/culture days but am on a budget. Is there anywhere shorthaul that will be warm enough to sit around the pool in April? We went to Barcelona in April 2015 for long weekend and needed our coats!

Budget is around £1500 we usually do a weeks mobile home in Italy/ South France/Spain for that in May or cheapest week of summer hols but think they will be too cold in April. Any suggestions?

SooticaTheWitchesCat Sat 07-Jan-17 13:25:54

The problem is that many of the summer resorts in Mediterranean countries wont be open until the beginning of May so it will be very quiet.

How about the Canary Islands?

Branleuse Sat 07-Jan-17 19:30:10

for beach and pool days in april, id suggest the canaries.
Malta might be another option

OnyK Sat 07-Jan-17 19:35:01

We've been very lucky in the Algarve and Costa del Sol at Easter, but there's no guarantee of sunshine. It's not warm enough to swim, but we've had picnics on the beach and done some sightseeing.

Notveryhappyvalley Mon 09-Jan-17 13:32:36

DH would love Lanzarote as he's a volcano enthusiast but I thought it'd be out of our budget. We'd be 2 adults and 2 dc (11 and 7). I've never done a package deal but having a quick google they look like they'd be £2K+ and booking flights and accommodation separately doesn't make it much cheaper. Does anyone have any suggestions that'd bring it into budget?

Oh and sorry I forgot to say Costa del Sol's out as DPIL live there (Sept-May) so we can't go there outside of summer hols without staying with them and the reasons we won't do that are a whole other thread!

OnyK Mon 09-Jan-17 18:53:36

I did a quick search on skyscanner and found flights to Lanzarote for around £800 for all of you (hand luggage only). I also found plenty of apartments on booking.com under £500 for a week.

juneau Mon 09-Jan-17 19:57:46

If you self cater in the Canaries and shop around for flights you should be able to get something for less than £2k. Try Skyscanner for flights and Air BnB for accommodation. You could probably get to Timanfaya (the volcanic national park), on a day trip, but otherwise it's really nice to have a car and that might blow your budget. Depends what kind of holiday you want though.

juneau Mon 09-Jan-17 19:59:57

Otherwise, check out Malta, Sicily, Cyprus.

loopyloo87 Sat 14-Jan-17 20:16:15

We want to Lanzarote last April & the weather was a bit hit and miss most mornings were chilly , we had days when it was cloudy all day
Everyone was around the pool wrapped in their towels praying the sun would make an appearance .. The weather might be better further South
Good luck I hope you find something

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now