Talk

Advanced search

Looking for an AI family resort with waterslides

(38 Posts)
catgirl1976 Mon 02-Jan-17 10:35:41

I'm trying to find somewhere that does either suites / apartments with 2 bedrooms or at least a separate, partitioned area for DS to sleep in.

DS wants waterslides or a splash park

I'd like somewhere that's naice and in Europe (maybe Greece or Portugal but I'm not too fussy about destination)

I was looking at Ikos but don't think they have waterslides

Can anyone recommended anywhere?

LoisWilkersonsLastNerve Mon 02-Jan-17 10:38:48

We are thinking of going to Aqua Bay in Zante. I would be interested too in any responses you get.

exLtEveDallas Mon 02-Jan-17 10:41:18

Siam park in Tenerife has one and two bed apartments/rooms and an on site water park.

MissCalamity Mon 02-Jan-17 10:41:18

I'm looking at the Hotel Sur Menorca in Punta Prima which has a splash world attached. That's all inclusive, I think they must do 2 bed apartments.
First choice are currently doing a free child's place which was what led me to it in the first place!

exLtEveDallas Mon 02-Jan-17 10:41:54

As does Blue Lagoon Village in Kos

catgirl1976 Mon 02-Jan-17 10:43:42

Fab - thank you for the suggestions! I'm off to google. I need something to look forward to in January smile

user1481271611 Mon 02-Jan-17 10:46:08

Evrika beach club hotel in Bulgaria is nice. Right on the beach, AI. Even has a bar on the beach.. I stayed there 2 years ago now and it was fantastic. Entertainment was lovely very energetic and staff were lovely. Xx

Holiday Village Rhodes would be perfect, or the Aegean Blue next door depending on age of ds. Huge range of rooms, we had a swim up in the deluxe area but you can go as far as a private pool on site water park, high wires etc. I'm going Aegean Blue this year in a swim up Andy the water park is shared. The HV not the cheapest option but you get what you pay for and if you've been looking at Ikos I'm assuming you've got a decent budget? Blue Lagoon Princess in Halkidiki is great too but probably only for younger kids.

hellswelshy Mon 02-Jan-17 10:55:05

Be Live Cameras Resort in the Algarve is very good, and does family rooms with adjoining doors. Quite pricey though, we went a few years ago when it was being modernised! Thoroughly recommend the surrounding area of Armarcao De Pera its beautiful.

hellswelshy Mon 02-Jan-17 10:56:00

Sorry - Palmeiras not Cameras!

hellswelshy Mon 02-Jan-17 11:00:20

Sorry just to add I've just noticed that First Choice website doesn't show the big slides in the big pool? But they are definitely there as we strolled past the hotel in May as we returned to the area again, maybe look at the hotel website.

catgirl1976 Mon 02-Jan-17 11:15:56

Holiday Village Rhodes looks great!

It honestly is worth the money, I've been there as a family holiday and to a conference and it's really good. Food choice is excellent, plenty of space by the pools etc. I love Atlantica Hotels generally so really looking forward to trying the Aegean Blue.

PoptartPoptart Thu 05-Jan-17 22:30:34

We went to Hotel Marina Park in Menorca last summer and had a great time.
The water park is on site and the DC's had a blast. It was never too busy either and the longest they waited for water slides was 5 mins maximum. Most of the rides they just walked straight on.
The hotel also had 3 other pools too, which I think helped it feel not too crowded.
The beach was about a 15 min walk and was absolutely beautiful. Stunning coastline and immaculately clean.
Food was AI buffet style. Big choice, quality was ok, not exactly gourmet but perfectly edible and plenty of it.
Nightime entertainment was dire!
There is a little parade of shops/restaurants/bars close by as well, with a children's mini funfair/crazy golf etc which was quite lively and fun.
All in all I'd recommend it.

PoptartPoptart Thu 05-Jan-17 22:33:12

Forgot to say, we stayed in a one bed apartment. DC's had the bedroom and me & DH had the sofa bed in the front room. It was basic but clean. Nice little patio area outside our ground floor apartment with table, chairs etc.

dingalong Fri 06-Jan-17 22:47:37

I was looking at Aegean blue - but I'm a bit worried as it says pools aren't heated 😩

I must admit to being a fan of heated pools

We stayed here last summer which was lovely -

We were thinking of trying Greece for a change we've three young kids so are stuck with 2 rooms (many places can't offer adjoining) and this was one of the few places where we could all fit together

www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g2089121-d1488268-Reviews-or2790-Lopesan_Baobab_Resort-Meloneras_Gran_Canaria_Canary_Islands.html . The evening entertainment was terrible but one of the guests was a better looking version of mcsteamy from greys anatomy which made up for it 😄😄😄😄

I'd love 2 bedrooms (adjoining or suite), good food, lovely heated pools, good waterslides (7,5,2 year olds)
A gorgeous beach nearby would be lovely and some nice places to stroll to.

Ooh I really fancy the Lopesan Baobab, it's on my wishlist. Tbh I don't think I've had heated pools in Greece in 20 years if going there. I'm a travel agent and have booked dozens of families to the Aegean Blue and they've all loved it so I'm sure it'll be great. I was at a conference at the holiday village next door last November and there were people in the pool at 4am, they all survived conference isn't just a piss up of course

@dingaling - the beach at the Aegean Blue is pebble.

dingalong Fri 06-Jan-17 23:35:07

We've visited siam village (stayed in HV Tenerife) . I looked at Costa adeje but couldn't find anything with adjoining rooms (anthelia was too expensive).

The beach at baobab was fabulous.

Is the Baobab worth the frankly extortionate cost for HB? I'm happy to spend on holidays if they're going to be great!

PoptartPoptart Fri 06-Jan-17 23:45:36

Would you recommend the Holiday Village Rhodes or the Aegean Blue for a family with 13 & 15 year olds?

dingalong Fri 06-Jan-17 23:51:36

The hotel was really lovely, the pools were fabulous, the food was great for FB. Our Dc's want to go back.
We were close to the aqualand water park (which was good - not quite as new and nice as Siam park.

We never used the kids club but used the bouncy castle. The area for toddlers was closed off and nice

The evening entertainment was pretty terrible, but we went for a cocktail instead in the bar - they made lovely ones for the dc's

We visited the beach which was lovely. Lovely waves, golden sands and lots of it.

Cocopops2 Sat 07-Jan-17 00:09:48

Am also looking for all inclusive with water slides for 2 dcs age 14 &11 , we went to Rodos princess in Rhodes with swim up pool but water slides were for younger kids.

It might make it back onto the list dingalong 😊 poptart'id say the HV for older kids but also look at the Club Magic Life if they're quite active as they're great for sports, run by the same chain as HV and Aegean Blue.

CurlyhairedAssassin Sat 07-Jan-17 17:09:59

I just had a look at the Rhodes HV to see if it would suit my teens. 11 nights in August is coming in at over 8k!!!!

shock

Do people really have this sort of budget for 11nights away?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now