Talk

Advanced search

I a there a best way to book a package holiday?

(3 Posts)
OneWithTheForce Sun 01-Jan-17 21:20:20

I'm looking to book in the club mac, Alcudia for me and 2 DC for the summer but I've never booked a foreign holiday before. Are there better/ cheaper websites to book through? Should I book it all together or separately? What do I need to make sure to add to the booking?

leccybill Mon 02-Jan-17 00:06:10

Start by typing it into Google, then whichever holiday companies come up that offer it, compare prices for your dates.

You're definitely set on there? Have a good read of TripAdvisor. I wouldn't recommend it at all, sorry.

BarbaraofSeville Tue 03-Jan-17 10:32:02

You need:

Flights
Transfer
Hotel - what board do they do and what do you want? BB, HB or AI?
Luggage? You won't need a hold suitcase each - maybe one between 3 and hand luggage will be enough?
(Also travel insurance and travel to airport/airport parking in the UK).

You could try a couple of the common package holiday suppliers (first choice, thomson, Thomas Cook or Jet2holidays/Easyjet holidays if they use airports convenient to you. I've found jet2holidays to be very good value. You can also get a bit of cashback through Quidco.

You can also use the likes of Expedia or Travel republic to book separately or totally separately direct with suppliers. There are companies that supply transfers or you could hire a car.

What works out cheaper depends - sometimes the package is cheaper and sometimes it is cheaper to book separately - it's not consistent. Depends how much patience you have to compare all the options.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now