Talk

Advanced search

Vilanova park - Al Fresco holidays

(4 Posts)
smartiecake Thu 29-Dec-16 12:17:38

We have booked for may half term and we can't decide if to hire a car at the airport or get transfers?
Has anyone been and if so do you need a car to get out and about?

Lovelybangers Sun 01-Jan-17 15:38:42

I went with DH and 3 DSS about 7 years ago.

We managed without a car, although it would have made shopping easier.

I emailed the camp site directly who arranged a taxi for us from Barcelona airport. It was very reasonably priced.

Lovelybangers Sun 01-Jan-17 15:42:34

I believe that the bus service from the campsite into Vilanova I La Geltru is even more frequent now than back then - and we managed fine.

Train station in the town goes to Barcelona amd the other way to Salon etc.

Beach is good. Town is large enough to have a food market, shops, restaurants and bars.

We all really enjoyed it

mirmc Sun 01-Jan-17 21:18:12

Don't miss the fab indoor food market in Vilanova. We were raging we only discovered it on our last day. I'd hire a car as the campsite bus goes around the houses and takes ages. I dont think it goes near any supermarket either. The restaurants on site aren't great and there's nowhere walking distance from the campsite. Lovely restaurants in Vilanova in the old town and in Sitges. We went to Tarragona for the day, it was beautiful. Portaventura meant to be a great day out too, we ran out of time to do everything. It's a fab campsite and there were waterslides last year too. Enjoy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now