Talk

Advanced search

Want 2 bedrooms and access to a kids club...

(16 Posts)
lostinabook Wed 28-Dec-16 23:00:01

Apparently I am asking the impossible!

2 adults and 1 x 5 year old...We don't want to share a room but DD needs other kids and a pool.

We have done Eurocamp, James villas, my parents hpb in brittany and last year independent in Nerja

What am I missing?!!

Budget prob 1200-2000. Happy to fly or drive...Happy to book travel ourselves or as a package. The struggle is the accommodation with access to other activities like kids club

Any suggestions?

Milliways Wed 28-Dec-16 23:18:07

Did you like Eurocamp, because Siblu own a few parcs outright so their kids clubs are large and English speaking. Les Charmettes also has great kids pools. La Carabasse is right on a beach in South of France so good weather, and the vans all have 2 or more bedrooms.

La Playa Mar in Majorca is a favourite on MN and we enjoyed that- had a Thomson run kids club.

Longdistance Wed 28-Dec-16 23:20:28

I was going to suggest Club Med.

Girlwithnotattoos Wed 28-Dec-16 23:21:42

We are going to Salgados Palm Village in Portugal this year in a 2 bedroom apartment with a separate living room, it's all inclusive so no forking out all day for ice cream and is not far from the beach with a shuttle bus 😃😃

lostinabook Thu 29-Dec-16 07:42:46

Thanks!

DH hated Eurocamp but I would do it again in heartbeat. He is the sticking point when it comes to accommodation

Costacoffeeplease Thu 29-Dec-16 07:57:09

Have a look at Rocha Brava or Quinta do Paraiso in Carvoeiro, Algarve. There's also Monte Santo but that may be outside of your budget

Artandco Thu 29-Dec-16 08:04:22

Are you planing on travelling in school holiday for that price?

PotteringAlong Thu 29-Dec-16 08:15:25

I don't think the problem is availability; I think the problem is what you want for that budget. If that's all you can spend then you need to compromise somewhere.

PotteringAlong Thu 29-Dec-16 08:19:35

A quick google search for the first 2 weeks of August found this - all your requirements and £1500 if you will share a room but £2700 if you won't.

LIZS Thu 29-Dec-16 08:24:14

Pierre et vacances

mirmc Thu 29-Dec-16 16:59:13

Was it the mobile your husband hated? We stay on El Delfin Verde in Spain and the campsite has its own bungalows which are lovely. There's also a 4 star hotel, villas and apartments where you can use the campsite facilities, pools, kids club, entertainment etc. It's 40 mins from Gerona on its own beach.

Silvertap Fri 30-Dec-16 21:19:40

Thomson family life.

rookiemere Fri 30-Dec-16 22:54:44

Tenerife might be a possibility. We have booked a 2 bed apartment at Ona El Marques for under 600 euros for week at Easter. Not sure if it has a kids club but definitely activites. Depending on where you're flying from you should be able to get. flights for 4 for around 250 each.
Theres lots of other places that have 2 bed resorts in Tenerife, you could do a booking com search to find the 2 bed ones and check on the kids club.

Brighteyes27 Sun 08-Jan-17 21:43:27

Watching with interest anywhere anyone would recommend for 12 & 13 year olds we would like large double for us and two single beds for kids as one DD and one DS. Thanks

Threesoundslikealot Sun 08-Jan-17 22:18:36

You could get a week in a 4* Kinderhotel for about £2,000 including all food, kids club, riding lessons? You get a separate kids' bedroom and could drive there.

SolomanDaisy Mon 09-Jan-17 05:45:40

You could stay in a landal park.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: