Talk

Advanced search

Slovenia with small kids?

(4 Posts)
TronaldDump Wed 28-Dec-16 15:48:30

I did a fair bit of the balkans pre-kids and loved Croatia, Montenegro etc. Have been wistfully googling and flights for 2 adults plus 2 kids (3 and 1) to Ljubljana in late spring are stupidly cheap.

Has anyone done Slovenia with small kids or at that time of year? Any recommendations? Lake Bled maybe, or the coast? Or am I just going a bit stir crazy in the house over Christmas?

ShanghaiDiva Fri 30-Dec-16 14:44:16

Lake bled is lovely. We went there when dd was about 11 months old and also in spring - had a great time.

TheOnlyLivingBoyInNewCross Fri 30-Dec-16 15:02:17

We went to Slovenia last summer but DS is 13. We stayed in Kranjska Gora and went to Lake Bled and Lake Bohinj as well as the Lipica stud, the castle and caves.

It is a beautiful country and I 'd love to go there again. It depends on what you and your children like really. Lake Bled has a good lido, but there's little coastline to speak of in Slovenia and it certainly wasn't all British cafes and kids clubs like you get in the resorts that cater to the Brits abroad. We loved it because of that!

5moreminutes Fri 30-Dec-16 15:08:10

We stayed at Therme Catez Last year - lots of small children about (we have 3 who all enjoyed it though not really small any more).

It's a small country and if you rent a car you can see lots - there are lots of thermal spas with big indoor water parks for children and their own hotels and self catering units, so you can mix and match time in the pools with sightseeing etc to make it the kind of holiday you want.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now