Talk

Advanced search

Mallorca May Half Term

(10 Posts)
Movingonuppppp Wed 28-Dec-16 12:03:54

Whats the weather like? Has anyone been at this time of year? I know its not going to be baking but I dont want it to be chilly either!!

MissCalamity Wed 28-Dec-16 18:22:05

We went on the 31st May last year, the first few days were warm, but the evenings a bit cooler (cardigans needed) then it jumped up a few degrees halfway through the holiday, would say about 26/27c it was very pleasant!

AliceMum09 Wed 28-Dec-16 22:25:25

We've been to the north of Majorca many times for May half term and only once did we have disappointing weather (that was in 2013). It rained a couple of times, and was cool for the time of year there but not cold. It was awful weather in the uk at the same time though (jet stream out of its usual place!) so we were still better off than being at home smile

But other than that one year the weather has always been blue skies and mid-high 20's temperatures. You'd probably need a cardigan at night, but not a coat (the hotel we go to still has the entertainment indoors for May half term and only moves it outdoors to the poolside at the beginning of June).

We're going again 25th May - 5th June next year and can't wait!

taptonaria27 Wed 28-Dec-16 22:45:02

Not much help I know but we went for late Easter a few years ago and it was terrible.
Weather occasionally lovely but mostly poor and the whole
place felt very shut down, very few restaurants open etc. It was Porta Pollensa which we could see could be lovely but for us it really wasn't.

anotherbloodycyclist Wed 28-Dec-16 22:52:47

We went in may half term, the first week was fine, early 20's, but the second week of the holiday it rained every day and was twelve to fourteen degrees, too cold to use the pool! Near Porto Pollensa.

Movingonuppppp Thu 29-Dec-16 07:35:13

Thanks all. I think if I do go here Im better off going in the summer months. Any recommendations on places to stay - no hotels or apartments are particularly jumping out at me yet everyone raves about this place...

anotherbloodycyclist Thu 29-Dec-16 13:29:07

I'll probably get slated but I really didn't love it, just too crowded for me even at that time of year. The Puerto Pollensa end of the island was quieter, but still rammed with tour buses and squished beaches (obviously not on week 2). My opinion also clouded by a crap villa and terrible weather. The island is beautiful, and I know some people really rave about it though.

Movingonuppppp Thu 29-Dec-16 14:57:57

This is what worries me another the accommodation all looks a bit so-so. Where have you gone and loved??

mouldycheesefan Thu 29-Dec-16 15:02:23

Get a heated pool and take wet suits for the sea.

anotherbloodycyclist Thu 29-Dec-16 23:17:22

Loved Brac, flew to Split and then got a ferry. The Croatian Islands are beautiful, easy even in August to find a totally deserted swimming spot with the most clear water. The beaches are rocky though which doesn't suit everyone.
The last couple of summers we have been to Paxos, a tiny Greek island, which is wonderful. You either fly to Corfu or Preveza on the mainland, and then get a ferry. Have had a couple of great villas through Ionian Island holidays. Again, even in August the beaches are not packed. It 's incredibly relaxed, beautiful weather and has no mass tourism due to the lack of airport. Just about to do a repeat booking!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now