Talk

Advanced search

Eurostar to Paris then onto Euro Disney a good idea?

(16 Posts)
goldangel Fri 16-Dec-16 15:05:18

Anyone done this, is it worth it? Couple of days in Paris then train it to Euro Disney for a day?

Are the domestic trains Paris to Euro Disney easy to get? Idea of costs?

Ultimately, is Euro Disney worth going? Is a day enough for one park? Any thoughts, advise, suggestions very welcome.

Thanks

Banderchang Sun 18-Dec-16 18:40:16

Trip Advisor has a huge Disneyland Paris forum which answers lots of questions about this kind of thing. We did a 4 night stay at Disneyland with a day trip into Paris. There are two parks, so you need around 2 days minimum to do all of Disney. We got a deal with 2 free nights and stayed at Sequoia Lodge. Had a really good time and got direct Eurostar from St Pancras to Disneyland (Marne le Vallee).

goldangel Mon 19-Dec-16 07:27:48

Thanks Banderchang I'll have a search over there.

Spottytop1 Mon 19-Dec-16 07:33:52

Have been twice - once for 2 days and other 3 days in the parks. Loved it and will take kids back again.

Ouch44 Mon 19-Dec-16 07:37:44

We did exactly as you plan. Were worried we'd want 2 days at Eurodisney but were glad when we'd got there that we hadnt.
Used a book about it and some forums to meticulously plan and managed to do both parks as well.
We went in Easter hols

Ouch44 Mon 19-Dec-16 07:42:55

Also the train was really easy and reasonable. Forgotten what the area is called where we stayed now. Just looked it was near Rue Montegeuill and got train from Des Halles

TheSconeOfStone Mon 19-Dec-16 11:37:41

The train from central Paris to Disneyland is quick and easy. We stayed in a self catered apartment near Disneyland and had 2 days in the parks and 1 say in Paris. We've done that twice as we had annual passes which allowed us to get the early magic hours to beat the queues in the mornings. Our second visit was in UK Summer half term and it was so quiet we didn't have to wait long for most things anyway.

The website DLP Guide is brilliant. It's well worth taking some time to plan to get the most from your limited time. I would recommend two days for your first visit if you can but a day will still be fun. We expected to hate it but actually I would be happy to go back again one day.

goldangel Mon 19-Dec-16 16:23:45

Thanks very useful info... DC never been on the Eurostar so that in itself an adventure!

We're planning on going around Easter hols too ouch

Relieved Good to know we can do DL in a day! DC

SausageD0g Mon 19-Dec-16 16:28:24

I'm not sure you can do disneyland in a day, especially 2 parks and in school holidays!

We had 2 full days and 2 half days in January (and a day in Paris) when there were no queues . If you are strict about where you want to go we could have managed with 2 days but we did enjoy having the time to wander. I don't think you could do a lot in one school hoilday day.

Aliveinwanderland Mon 19-Dec-16 16:30:01

Definitely 2 days for Disney, one in each park.

TheTantrumCometh Mon 19-Dec-16 16:41:32

You can't do it all, or probably even your preferred attractions, in just one day. Don't get me wrong, you'll have a busy and fab day if you decide to go for one day, but you won't be able to do everything you want (unless you don't want to do much grin)

I've never travelled from Paris to Disneyland but I know a few people who have and have had no problems. The train is quite reasonable and not that long of a journey

Spottytop1 Mon 19-Dec-16 21:24:40

Eurostar was great for us & easy to travel with several children - enjoy!

TheSconeOfStone Tue 20-Dec-16 22:12:56

Can you go in May half term instead of Easter? Much quieter.

TheSconeOfStone Tue 20-Dec-16 22:16:47

www.dlpguide.com/guidebook/practical/gettingtothemagic/rerfromparis/

Info from DLP for RER suburban train from Paris to Disneyland. It's about 12 Euro for a return.

tilleuls Tue 20-Dec-16 22:25:37

Euro Disney from Paris is really easy. Personally I'd avoid getting on at Châtelet Les Halles as it's a total maze and can be a bit daunting, so I'd take the RER A from Gare de Lyon or Charles de Gaulle Étoile depending on where you're staying. Those metros are a bit more user friendly!
You need to get off at Marne La Vallée and Disney is right in front.

goldangel Thu 22-Dec-16 15:44:08

Thanks all, very useful info and much appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now