Talk

Advanced search

Egypt in August

(15 Posts)
basket75 Sun 11-Dec-16 13:26:27

Has anyone been to Egypt in August with a baby? Our lo will be 6 months old and I'm just wondering if the heat would be too much? Thanks.

juneau Sun 11-Dec-16 13:27:17

Yes, the heat will be horrendous. I also wouldn't go near the place due to terrorism.

TipBoov Sun 11-Dec-16 13:29:25

I've been in August, it was far too hot, it got to 45c+.

ScarletSienna Sun 11-Dec-16 13:33:20

I think far too hot as it gets well over 40 degrees. It is somewhere we definitely want to return to but not in the high summer months with a child.

Branleuse Sun 11-Dec-16 13:35:26

it will be too hot for the baby even if you can cope with extreme heat

HermioneWeasley Sun 11-Dec-16 13:39:10

Yes, it will be too hot.

Not sure why you're even considering it?

ivetriedsooomanyon Sun 11-Dec-16 13:40:28

Yes it would it's a terrible idea

NewIdeasToday Sun 11-Dec-16 13:40:44

Far too hot and too dangerous. Surely you can find somewhere more suitable.

HumptyDumptyBumpty Sun 11-Dec-16 13:44:16

Too hot for the baby? Unlike those Egyptian babies, of course, who are wired differently. Or perhaps they live in the fridge through the summer.

Egypt is very hot in August, 50+ in the far south. It's also adapted, in that things are open before dawn, and set up so that you can sleep through the hottest part of the day.

As for terrorism - well, that has to be your call. For my money, London or Paris are as dangerous.

basket75 Sun 11-Dec-16 14:03:36

Pretty unanimous then, thank you.

HermioneWeasley Sun 11-Dec-16 17:13:22

humpty except babies born in the Middle East and Africa are acclimatised, come from families who know how to cope with th heat, have darker skins and aren't on a "sunshine" holiday where they're incredibly likely to burn.

So, yeah, otherwise exactly the same.

HumptyDumptyBumpty Sun 11-Dec-16 20:47:50

Hermione families know how to deal with the heat because they're born there? Or because, y'know common sense confused And anyone can 'acclimatise' if they choose to. I was commenting on the Little England-y views of 'ooh, no, hot AND foreign, yuck'. Besides, we have no idea what skin colour OP & family are.

NavyandWhite Mon 26-Dec-16 09:35:38

I wouldn't go to Egypt full stop. But in August?!? shock never ever.

ihatethecold Mon 26-Dec-16 10:00:02

Do the foreign office say it's safe to travel there?

There's not a chance in hell I would travel there.

MissBeehiving Wed 28-Dec-16 21:21:53

We took DS2 when he was two. It was way too hot for him - we spent most of the day cowering indoors and didn't go out between 11 and 3. IT wasn't a great deal of fun.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now