Talk

Advanced search

Louis Grand Hotel Corfu or Grecotel Rhodos Royal Rhodes

(6 Posts)
nothappymummy2014 Sat 10-Dec-16 08:27:26

Has anyone got any insight on either of the above all inclusive hotels? We are looking to go in May Half term with our 9 year old daughter.

Any other ideas of a beachfront AI hotel in Greece welcome!

Makemineacabsauv Tue 27-Dec-16 00:20:02

Not experienced those particular hotels and in general prefer Corfu to Rhodes but in May Corfu might be wet so I'd go to Rhodes! Check out the Mitsis hotel group - their hotels are fabulous AI and have some on beaches like the Faliraki beach hotel where we stayed once, lovely hotel and far enough away from the noise of Faliraki but on a sandy beach. I'm not an AI fan but did enjoy the good etc there!

yummymummyUK Fri 10-Mar-17 21:30:10

Hi guys, hoping to revive this thread. Just found this deal £172 for a week in Corfu in August. Seems cheap but just wondered if anyone has stayed at these apartments? cheap-holidays-travel.co.uk/Latest-cheap-holiday-package-deals.php

LapdanceShoeshine Fri 10-Mar-17 21:40:22

just looked them up on trip advisor for you. not brilliant, but at that price worth putting up with?

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g1175545-d3661594-Reviews-Vasso_Studios-Moraitika_Corfu_Ionian_Islands.html

Makemineacabsauv Sat 11-Mar-17 18:59:16

We stay at these apartments all the time!! They are fab!!! There were dreadful reviews from before Antonis took them over but we love them. He's signed a deal with Jet2 this year so is updating some of the kitchens and bathrooms. The apartments/studios are basic and if you do t get an updated one you will have 1979s tiles but they will be clean. If you need anything you just ask and it's done. Pool and is run by Spiros and his family. His wife is Scottish so he is fluent in English and Scots!! Lol! He is such a lovely guy and his food and snacks are great. He does a weekly BBQ which is a hell of a lot of food for not much money plus Greek dancing and entertainment. There acdart board and pool table. Pool is basic but you are allowed inflatables and balls do all good fun. 2 mins walk from supermarket and gorgeous sea front bars. Beach and main resort is 5-10 mins over a wee bridge where you can see wee turtles in the water and a field full of a mad variety of animals - ducks, rabbits etc! Really Central but quiet and friendly. Highly recommend them. I took my dc to a 5 star AI and they said they preferred Valentinos!

Makemineacabsauv Sat 11-Mar-17 20:03:44

Oh man! Just read some of the reviews and that is not the Spiros we know!!!! Who knows what has happened there?? My kids love him and he has become a friend. We had late flights and Antonis did what he could to let us keep our rooms - there were a few of us and most got our rooms till we left but one or two had to use the rooms that belonged to friends as new visitors were arriving into their rooms that day. That's the nature of the business. He gave us extra towels to help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now