Talk

Advanced search

Paris in February

(3 Posts)
bingohandjob Mon 05-Dec-16 06:50:21

Spending a long weekend in Paris for first time in February with my husband...Can anyone share must sees, must eats, must drinks, must buys, must take and wear in the depths of winter? We're happy wandering, walking and don't want to glam up, just have fun, maybe somewhere with live music? Thanks!

LilyTheSavage Mon 05-Dec-16 07:25:00

I went in January this year with my 23 year old DS and had a fabulous couple of days wandering about exploring. We stayed near the Arc de Triomphe in an area called Wagram and could walk to Champs Elysee, Arc de Triomphe and Tour Eiffel from there. Recommend Musee d'Orsay but Palais de Tokyo not so much. Musee d'Orsay was wonderful and well worth the enormous queue, but we went on the first Sunday of the month when entrance is free (hence the queue). Take comfy shoes for daytime as you'll do a LOT of walking. Buy a carnet of tickets for the Metro. Don't bother with Galleries Lafayette - we thought it was really over-rated. The Buzz Feed guide takes you to quite a few slightly random places that you wouldn't otherwise see. We only saw the Louvre from the outside as the queues were horrendous.Have a look at Buzz Feed Top Fifty Things To Do In Paris. It was really helpful.

HTH

bingohandjob Sun 08-Jan-17 21:04:44

Thank you, Lily. Bumping for any other must sees!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now