Talk

Advanced search

Prague for 4 days this weekend - any restaurant tips/must sees??

(5 Posts)
galaxygirl45 Tue 22-Nov-16 21:25:19

I posted a while back that we were planning a short city break for DDs 21st (she's had a crap year) so we've booked to go to Prague this saturday. She and younger dd (18) are both very picky eaters and I'm a vegetarian so I'm slightly panicking having seen some czech menus!!! Any restaurant tips would be fab - and any shopping/sightseeing tips too. Hotel is in New Town area by the river so something close for evenings would be fab.

SJane45S Fri 25-Nov-16 20:49:49

It's probably the most beautiful city I've ever been too so lucky you! The Charles Bridge is very picturesque - particularly at night or in the snow. Just wander around would be my advice, get lost a bit! The main square is nice at night, most places to eat have outside heaters and hot wine. Catch the clock there on the hour. We did a ghost tour at night which was fun and very atmospheric! There are lots and lots of places to eat - I can't remember anywhere specific but I'm a vegetarian too and I don't remember having a problem (unlike some other places!). We went in February a couple of years back and it was COLD! We'd bought thermals for our teenage girls who refused to wear them day one & totally embraced them day 2!

NightNightBadger19962 Fri 25-Nov-16 20:56:17

Scam tip - in the touristy areas, nice restaurants with prices shown on their menus seem fine, but it is common for them to bring a basket of bread, snacks etc or stuff that you have not ordered, and they then charge excessively for these items in the bill, whether you have touched it or not - just wave it away with a smile. Also (custom, not scam), in bars, when you have finished your pint, unless you have put the beer mat on top of the glass, staff will often just bring you another of whatever you are drinking, and get a bit cheesed off if you then don't want it.

midsomermurderess Mon 28-Nov-16 20:31:34

Is that a scam NightNight? The same thing is done in Portugal and basically what you eat you pay for. It's useful to be aware of but I don't think they are necessarily stiffing anyone.

Konyaa Mon 28-Nov-16 20:34:47

Was there two weeks ago for work, with DH and baby in tow. Old town, street food, Charles bridge. Ad then a jazzy evening with food at the nameski republiki called palladium.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now