Talk

Advanced search

Self Catering Lake Garda-Not a campsite

(9 Posts)
Wizardinthegarden Thu 17-Nov-16 19:59:19

Just that really, finding it hard to come up with anything .
Found a few villas but pools don't seem to be gated which is a must. Also quite a lot of basic apartments whereas I do like a full oven and dishwasher etc

NicknameUsed Thu 17-Nov-16 21:05:52

I think perhaps most holiday makers in the area don't expect to do much in the way of cooking/washing up etc. When we self cater abroad we tend to eat out in the evening and just have simple breakfasts and lunches which are assembly jobs rather than full scale cooking.

LIZS Thu 17-Nov-16 21:15:06

You tend to get either campsites or hotels, rather than villas. However have a browse through https://www.interhome.co.uk/italy/lake-garda/?season=auto . There are some larger apartment complexes at the south end of the lake near Peschiera.

Wizardinthegarden Thu 17-Nov-16 22:24:03

I actually like to cook on holidays, the rest of the year is always a rush job so I don't enjoy it much. Appreciate I'm probably a minority though smile
Will take a look at that link now thanks

LeMesmer Sun 20-Nov-16 20:56:39

Have a look at Parc Hotels, Il Paradiso resort at Peschiera, we have stayed there a couple of times. Two hotels, and two different self catering apartment complexes (but not do much of a concrete jungle as that sounds). I think some of the more expensive apartments have what you want , if you don't mind somewhere that isn't an individual villa. Nice pools and a large indoor pool.

Finlaggan Fri 02-Dec-16 18:30:57

Is was about to ask the same question, thanks for the thread!

Praed Mon 05-Dec-16 13:03:06

There are a couple here - hard to tell whether pools are gated though: www.clickstay.com/italy/lake-garda

Humphriescushion Mon 05-Dec-16 13:08:50

We stayed here a few years ago. Have bungalows and different options not just the hotel. There was a sailing school attached as well which we really enjoyed.
dulacetduparc.com

Probably similar to lemesmers option.

MrsA2015 Mon 05-Dec-16 13:14:03

There's a complex called called "punta gro" it's right by the lake and had gated communal pools, playgrounds. Its a very nice place to stay, there is a little high street between it and Sirmione, a beautiful town that is built out into the lake. There's a macadona If I remember correctly which is like lidl, very handy for essentials. Hope that's helped!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now