Tell me about Ibiza please?

(6 Posts)
Jungfraujoch Mon 24-Oct-16 21:35:40

Not for the clubbing but chilled family hol, 2 DS's 16 and 11. Pool a must. Which areas should I be looking at? Thanks.

Mungobungo Mon 24-Oct-16 21:53:54

I ventured to Ibiza for the first time last year with DH and loved it! We stayed in an area that technically was classed as San Antonio but wasn't directly in San Antonio bay, a bit further around the peninsula a bit and it was lovely. A short enough walk to the water taxi to get across to the main harbour/livelier spot, but quiet enough for us and blinking gorgeous sunsets!!
We hired a car and pottered about for a day and places that we liked were:
Portinatx
St Michael
San Antonio

Evissa (Ibiza town) was lovely and some super hotels around there but very close to the airport and several big clubs there. It seemed like the big clubs were spread out all over the place so not too much rowdiness in one spot.

I've heard really good things about Santa eulalia on the east coast but didn't get chance to go there.
Spent a day on Formentera too and wished we'd had chance to stay longer as it was really lovely.
If you do go, take time to see the sunset from cafe del mar/cafe mambo. When we went there were kids there too and as it's a wide walkway area, you don't necessarily need to go into the bars. We went and ate at Mint Lounge and watched the sunset and it was absolutely magical - the food, music and atmosphere were incredible too.

Can you tell that I loved it there? grin

Ollycat Mon 24-Oct-16 21:56:01

Go to the north of the island - Benniras is gorgeous.

Love love love Ibiza!

4yoniD Wed 26-Oct-16 19:34:19

I've stayed at Santa Eulalia (fair while ago now though). Lovely holiday, decent hotel with pool, nice promenade, places to eat. I didn't have kids then, but if you just want good pool and safe area I'd recommend.

Runwayqueen Wed 26-Oct-16 19:35:48

We love Ibiza, particularly Portinax

Jungfraujoch Thu 27-Oct-16 13:36:50

Thanks ladies. I will check those places out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now