Talk

Advanced search

Kid friendly in first week of January

(4 Posts)
NightCzar Sun 23-Oct-16 21:00:58

We will be visiting family in England over Christmas. DH and I are British but kids were born overseas and I really like to try to incorporate a European side trip when we come over. This works well in the summer.

We have 2-3 spare days in the first week of Jan. I was wondering about taking the DC to Paris on Eurostar. DD1 (nearly 10) would love the famous sights but I'm not sure that DD2 (5.5) would get much out of it. I was thinking that a train to another country would be a novelty and that we could get some books before we go etc.

Can anyone recommend a child friendly hotel in Paris? Or is there a more child friendly European capital (although I guess we'd need to fly)?! Thanks.

TitaniasTits Sun 23-Oct-16 21:07:14

Bruges is very, very pretty and you can get the Eurostar there. I imagine it would be magical at Christmas time too.

Not a huge amount there but enough for a weekend. You can do a horse and carriage ride around the centre; taste-test hot chocolate at the various confectioners to see which one does the best kind; and visit the Museums of Chocolate and Diamonds.

NightCzar Mon 24-Oct-16 01:06:19

That's a nice idea. Thank you. Your user name made me chuckle.

NightCzar Mon 24-Oct-16 06:46:54

Just to see if anyone else had any other ideas. Thanks so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now