Talk

Advanced search

Cheapest airport to fly to in Spain

(10 Posts)
Kaz2200 Sun 23-Oct-16 17:38:20

Hi all, does anyone know which airports have the cheapest flights. We are looking to buy a place in Spain and cost of flights will be part of the decision we would be flying from leeds Bradford or Doncaster.

OnyK Mon 24-Oct-16 19:07:52

I'd look for most frequent and year round, as well as cost. From Birmingham, that would be Malaga.

Glitteryfrog Mon 24-Oct-16 19:51:15

Sky scanner.
You can specify Bradford or Doncaster... Then just Spain.

Kaz2200 Mon 24-Oct-16 19:53:45

Oh I didn't now Skyscanner would just let you search Spain, great to know, thanks

Frazzled2207 Mon 24-Oct-16 19:54:47

You also want to consider the fact that more random airports may be cheap atm but in the future airlines might stop flying there from smaller airports. For example a friend of mine bought a place in france on the basis that ryanair flew there cheaply. They stopped flying there the following year.
Somewhere like Malaga good because there are loads of flights, quite a lot of competition and less likely to stop altogether.

mummymeister Tue 25-Oct-16 17:27:15

I think its going to be more important to find the sort of place that you will want to stay in rather than picking somewhere based on where the low cost flights go to tbh. the flight schedules do change with alarming frequency and its a big sum to spend based on the flight costs alone.

what area of spain do you personally prefer?

Hoppinggreen Tue 25-Oct-16 21:34:03

Have a look at Costa de la Luz. Not overdeveloped and still cheaper than many areas of Spain.
You actually fly to Faro in Portugal and pop over the boarder, cheap flights from both Leeds and Doncaster.

Hersetta427 Thu 27-Oct-16 14:19:29

Murcia isn't too bad. But during there are less flights than to Malaga or allicante.

elQuintoConyo Thu 27-Oct-16 14:27:35

Reus is a Jet2 and Ryanair airport. 1 hour south from Barcelona.

But it depends how much you have to buy a house, what you want to do in your free time when you are here (beach, mountains, vineyards...?), if you want to learn Catalan rather than Spanish, if you want an 'expat' community feel or to escape fellow Brits.

BarbaraofSeville Thu 27-Oct-16 14:28:42

Are you wanting to rent the place out, or just go there yourself and or friends and family?

The cost of flights is probably a minor thing, choice and frequency will also be a factor, especially if you are wanting to use the house out of season and also distance from airport at the other end to the type of place you want to be (eq quiet or lively).

Gut feeling would be somewhere near Malaga or Alicante airports because both have a long season and a good choice of resorts, or even the Canaries. In my experience flights to the Canaries are often about the same price as mainland Spain, despite it being almost twice as far and they are a genuine year round destination. I would also look at Mallorca, but property there is probably more expensive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now