Talk

Advanced search

Where should we stay for a few days in Barcelona?

(9 Posts)
elizabethcharlotte Sun 16-Oct-16 20:25:10

On a bit of a whim I have booked flights for us to Barcelona. We are there for four nights at Easter. We want to see the Gaudi sights and my dh says we need to go the football stadium. What else do we need to see? Can someone suggest a good area for us to stay in. I'm thinking of booking an apartment. A friend has suggested we stay in Sitges and get the train into the city. What do you think?

mysteryfairy Sun 16-Oct-16 21:57:27

We stayed in area called El Born for a trip related to a similar whim. It was full of interesting shops and restaurants. Not everything was walking distance but both the bus and metro were very cheap and easy to use. We booked an apartment using trip advisor reviews - think it was called Gotic or Gothic.

SimonLeBonOnAndOn Sun 16-Oct-16 22:01:32

Yes the barri gothic area is lovely, lots of windy streets and nice bars.
Barcelona is very compact and has an excellent tour bus that will get you around all the sites in a day, you can get on and off to explore more - including a stop at the stadium.
Worth doing on your first day to get your bearings.
It's also really nice down at the Marina too.
I love it there, so jealous.

Sovain Tue 18-Oct-16 10:52:59

I have stayed in the centre of Barcelona a couple of times. One place was just off La Ramblas - so very central.

More recently we stayed in Sitges - more of a 'holiday'feel -yet very easy to get into Barcelona. Stayed at thishotel medium sitges

Notreallyawaitress Sat 05-Nov-16 23:22:59

I stayed here www.tripadvisor.co.uk/VacationRentalReview-g187497-d2705016-Luxurious_90m2_apartment_in_trendy_Borne_area-Barcelona_Catalonia.html last year. Lovely apartment in a fantastic location but anywhere in the Born area would be great smile

Radyward Sun 06-Nov-16 22:47:48

Hostal goya

Enidblyton1 Sun 06-Nov-16 23:11:45

I'd pick a fairly central appartment from air B&b. We stayed in one that was 5 mins walk from the bus station. We mostly walked around, but taxis were cheap and we were well positioned to get the bus to Park Guell.

justaweeone Mon 07-Nov-16 11:24:27

https://m.ihg.com/hotels/holidayinnexpress/gb/en/hoteldetail/bcnmt?cmmmc=GoogleMapsEXESP--BCNMT
We stayed her on the outskirts but was 5 mins walk to train station and took you right into the centre in about 20 mins
Walking distance to local bars and restaurants and was nice to escape the city when you had had enough
We needed somewhere with parking as had been in the costa Blanca and had a hire car
Also it was a bargain price!
Would choose this location again

Rudymentary Mon 07-Nov-16 11:27:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now