Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Gibraltar - car seat advice

(3 Posts)
CricketSoph Wed 07-Feb-07 17:21:40

I'm off to Gib in 10 days time with DD (12 weeks). We'll be travelling out on our own, meeting DH who's working out there at the mo. I've been to Gib before and I know if I had to, I could walk to the hotel we're staying at from the airport; though it would take about an hour. So the question is, do I take the car seat?
I know we won't use the car seat whilst we're there and I read somewhere that car seats are like bike helmets - ie they can be damaged by dropping and you wouldn't know they were damaged and I don't trust the baggage people....but if I do take it i know i can get a taxi to the hotel... but its extra to cart about when i'm travelling alone....
what would you do?

NappiesGalore Sat 24-Feb-07 17:11:09

i'm pretty sure any taxi driver would take you to the hotel with you just holding the baby. its only one journey.
where are you staying that would atke an hour to walk to?? i spent time in Gib...

cc21 Wed 28-Feb-07 10:19:34

I'm off to see my sis in Gib at easter with DD in tow.

We are planning to just hold DD on my knee in taxi. BIL is in Navy over there and doesn't seem to think it will be a problem

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now