Talk

Advanced search

Tuscany with kids

(4 Posts)
bitofabelly Sat 10-Sep-16 12:06:56

Looking for some help...planning 3 nights in Rome...have an apartment booked near pantheon. Then we plan to travel up through Tuscany end up in lake Garda and fly out of Milan, or Verona/Venice if the flights come down in price.

We have 2 weeks in total.

We have gone camping but small mobiles aren't the best for us...family 2 adults 3 kids who like to spread out a bit. We aren't really beachy so we are looking for some type of agriturismo in Tuscany where the kids could meet other kids and do plenty of sporty activities and have a swim in a pool.Any ideas. We would like somewhere within striking distance of montepulciano and Siena. Some agriturismo so look fab but I wonder how much they welcome kids...I'd hate to ruin someone's romantic holiday with my 3 dudes!

Anyone have recommendations?

Also looking for recommendations for a hotel with a pool for kids in lake Garda...south side preferable.

Thanks so much.

bitofabelly Thu 29-Sep-16 16:27:57

Anyone????brew

massistar Tue 11-Oct-16 11:27:22

We often stay in agriturusmos and have always been welcomed with kids.

namechangedtoday15 Thu 13-Oct-16 18:14:18

I think agritourismo places are usually quite small so I'm not sure you're ever going to get plenty of sporty activities or where they can meet other kids. We stayed in one this summer which was beautiful, just gorgeous (although not Tuscany) and although my children loved it, there weren't any other children there, and the sporting activities were simply tons and tons of space, a pool and a fussball table.

We also visited friends who were in Tuscany - theirs was slightly bigger (about 15 rooms I think) with pool and BBQ area, again just beautiful, but no kind of sporting activities laid on, and only one other family there with children.

As far as Lake Garda is concerned, we stayed at the Gardaland Hotel which had a great pool and the family rooms (like 2 hotel rooms but only one entrance - double bed in one room and then 3 single beds in an adjoining room) were great (as was Gardaland).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now