Talk

Advanced search

Pre-booking centre parcs activities - can anyone explain how it works?

(4 Posts)
MajorClanger123 Thu 08-Sep-16 17:54:54

Sorry - I probably sound dumb as I think its quite straightforward, but we're booked into Les Bois aux Daims in France for October half term week and I see that you can buy activities in advance, then book the specific time slot etc too.

The My account section is letting me add activities now, but its all a bit vague. For example a 'family package for 55 euros includes 1 bowling session, 1 mini golf and 1 racquet session - but you just add '1' package, without specifying for how many people (there are 5 of us).

You can add a bike package for kids but its not clear if its for 1 day or the 5 days we've booked.

I wondered whether I should wait until next week when it'll be 6 weeks before we travel and it says we can book the time slots etc then.

Any help / advice greatly appreciated by those in the know!

mouldycheesefan Fri 09-Sep-16 11:01:00

Have you tried calling them?

MajorClanger123 Fri 09-Sep-16 13:40:07

Nope not yet - only because its some premium / foreign number so I thought i'd try good old mumsnet first.....

ZedWoman Sun 11-Sep-16 17:03:50

We went to Bois aux Daims for the last week in August - it was fantaastic!

My advice would be not to bother pre-booking activities at all. When we have been to De Vossemeren we have always been given the pre-booked activitiy tickets on checking in at the main gate. However, at Bois aux Daims we weren't given anything. Our vouchers were printed off when we went tot he main information desk, but we still had to queue up for them (or what resembled a very non-British queue) with the masses on check-in day.

My advice would be to have a look on the website and have a think about things you want to do. Have a mental check-list of activities you want to book. when you are given your park map at the beginning of your stay the times and days will be on there. Then go straight to the information desk on arrival and book them there and then.

We pre-booked aqua-speed for DS (9) where they turn up the flow on the rapids, stick a helmet on you and you can go down with a board thing. We also pre-booked the junior high-ropes course for DD (6). On-site we booked the pony ride for DD and the big high ropes for DS and DH. They weren't available for pre-booking.

Restauratns have to be booked from the telephone in your lodge. There is a central reservation number. We only bothered with Coccoon - the food was lovely.

Don't bother putting any money on your wristband. I think it can only be used in Quick in the aquamundo, which is a bit of an oxymoron.

Any questions, just ask.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now