Talk

Advanced search

Disneyland Paris - Explorers, Sequoia or New York?

(15 Posts)
lostlalaloopsy Thu 08-Sep-16 08:47:06

Hi we are planning taking the kids to Disneyland in October break. We got a great deal on flights so looking to spend a bit more on hotels. We've been before and usually stay in Cheyenne/Santa Fe.

Anyone got a preference? Or other advice?

mouldycheesefan Thu 08-Sep-16 09:01:30

We have done Disneyland hotel couple times, be enforce being it is literally at the park gates, you csn pop back for a hot chocolate after the parade and go out agin! Have also stayed Newport bay but it's further out although still nice but breakfast a shambles. Had dinner at New York it was ok.

HairsprayQueen Thu 08-Sep-16 09:04:29

Out of those three I'd pick Sequoia, it's nice for Autumn/winter times.

GooodMythicalMorning Thu 08-Sep-16 09:07:22

I'd go New York but then I haven't tried Sequoia.

jonsnowswildlinglover Thu 08-Sep-16 11:31:11

We stayed at Newport Bay but had compass club rooms and loved the private check in and access to the Compass club for breakfast and snacks. Plus you get free fast passes to use on one ride per day.

PoptartPoptart Fri 09-Sep-16 21:51:30

Newport Bay was nice. The breakfast was the usual basic offering of croissants etc, but the dinner buffet was really good. The walk to the parks took about 15 mins but it was a nice walk around the lake. Or the free shuttle bus took 5 mins. The indoor pool was fun but freezing! Rooms were far superior to Cheyenne.

ItsLikeSputnik Fri 09-Sep-16 21:57:02

I'd pick Sequoia, it has lovely large lounge areas with log fires; perfect for autumnal holidays and lazing with the family after a busy day.
New York is good, but it felt a bit more adult to me. I'm going to go against the grain here, but we hated the Newport Bay. It's enormous, breakfasts were a total zoo and they seemed more interested in their corporate clients than us mere tourists.

HairsprayQueen Fri 09-Sep-16 22:00:37

I'd also consider the ages of your kids- in lots of ways the Cheyenne worked better for us with the bunk beds rather than the double beds in other hotels. In Newport Bay ds2 still fitted in the travel cot which was lucky as it was too fidgety for anyone to share with him! The Cheyenne was tired then though, I think they have done it up/are doing it up now.

NotPennysBoat Fri 09-Sep-16 22:05:28

New York for me. It's located right next to the village which is really handy. Closest to the parks too (apart from DH which is in another league price-wise).

Second choice would be Sequoia, but only if it was a fair bit cheaper than HNY. NB would avoid due to issues described by pp.

leccybill Fri 09-Sep-16 22:12:22

We absolutely loved the Magic Circus which is next door to Explorers and on the free shuttle route.
Great pool and ball pit. Food lovely.

Pinkkahori Fri 09-Sep-16 22:14:39

We stayed in the Sequoia and loved it.

Alibobbob Fri 09-Sep-16 22:30:05

Stayed at Disneyland Hotel, Newport Bay and Cheyene. Loved the Cheyene best of all and stayed there a few times and would deffo go back again.

I didn't like the smell of he Disneyland hotel! Strange I know.

This guide on Amazon has a 'look inside' snapshot of the hotels so might be worth a look on Amazon.

www.amazon.co.uk/Independent-Guide-Disneyland-Paris-Travel-ebook/dp/B0139ZDOBE

We have bought the following book previously which we would recommend if you don't have one already...

www.amazon.co.uk/Brit-Guide-Disneyland-Paris-2015/dp/0572044666/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1473456564&sr=8-1&keywords=Brit+guide+Disneyland

ophiotaurus Fri 09-Sep-16 22:58:38

We stayed at the New York couldn't fault it at all. We had an amazing time there!

lostlalaloopsy Sun 11-Sep-16 10:00:58

Thanks everyone!! I think we will go with the Sequoia as its so close to the park plus the swimming pool looks good!!

MidMay Sun 11-Sep-16 11:48:28

Sequoia is great OP. Might be worth considering (if budget allows) upgrade to Forest rooms as separate breakfast area = no queues and free soft drinks/afternoon tea at hotel ( this was last year though so check). Pool is lovely but slide has been out of action for sometime and no shallow end. Lots of swimming aids poolside though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now