Cala D'Or or Puerto Pollensa for October half term?

(6 Posts)
LucyLocketLostHerPocket Tue 06-Sep-16 09:55:13

Could do a short trip in either of these this October. Lovely hotels and all inclusive so great for DC of varying ages with different food tastes.
Which would be best though and has stuff to do if weather isn't great? We've been to Majorca at the end of October before and been incredibly lucky with the weather but never been to either of these resorts.
Any advice would be great as would need to book quickly.

MrsPMT Tue 06-Sep-16 10:08:57

Puerto Pollensa is very Spanish, lovely place. Think Cala D'Or is more purpose built resort. Not sure about activities but they are both an hour from Palma which would be the place to go for sightseeing/museums etc.

waitinglistquery Tue 06-Sep-16 10:14:47

It would be a shame to go AI to Puerto Pollensa as it has a fantastic selection of restaurants. It does have lovely beaches too although may be seaweedy in October.

LucyLocketLostHerPocket Tue 06-Sep-16 10:45:36

Thank you I know its a shame to go AI but we've spent fortunes in restaurants trying and failing to please our fussy and very different eaters and it's just not enjoyable.

So ideally we needs to be a bit nearer Palma in case the weathers bad I guess. I really like the look of Pollensa but not sure if weather likely to be poorer in north of island.

Muddle2000 Wed 07-Sep-16 11:37:13

Cala 'dor has plenty of sports to Also boat trips, trips to caves.
All on Tripadvisor btw
I like the walks and beaches are coves rather than long stretches
of sand so easier to keep an eye on the kids.
The only pain is the long journey from the airport.
You will need to take cold drinks and entertainment for DC

Makemineacabsauv Mon 12-Sep-16 23:28:30

I preferred Cala d'or to Puerto Pollensa and found it was much cheaper too! We stayed at Club Martha just outside Cala d'Or in Cala Egos and it was fab. The Playa Mar in PP was a nightmare! Lovely indoor pool but was very Brits Abroad and not in a good way!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now