Talk

Advanced search

Suggestions for alternatives to Sani

(13 Posts)
Joneseygirl77 Sun 04-Sep-16 07:22:27

We're already starting to think about where to go for next year. Previously we've done a week's UK holiday in June and then a week in Europe in September. However after a very wet and cold week in Cornwall this year with a 9hr journey home we've decided it's 2 sun hols next year. DD is 2.4 so avoiding school hols for as long as possible.

We're off to Sani next week and have previously done villas in Algarve. However we'd prefer an upmarket villa or a sani equivalent hotel. I'm keen to get something booked- not bothered on location but 4hr flight max ideally. Quite fancy Majorca/Ibiza- anyone got any suggestions?

Joneseygirl77 Wed 07-Sep-16 18:42:04

Bumping anyone?

Peppapogstillonaloop Wed 07-Sep-16 18:47:58

Martinhal? Portugal
Anassa Cyprus

TheClacksAreDown Wed 07-Sep-16 18:54:01

Having stayed at Sani we went next to the blue and green lake spa resort in Vilamoura in Portugal. It has apartments. Worth a look.

freshstart22 Wed 07-Sep-16 18:55:32

Bahia Del Duque - Tenerfie

CiderwithBuda Wed 07-Sep-16 18:56:41

Sorry. We love Sani so much we have been about 10 times I think! Startd going when DS was little and we used to drive down from Bulgaria where we were living. Went last year with DS and a mate - they were 14/15 and both loved it. DS wants to go again next year!

Jealous of you going next week.

First day we were there last year I ordered my normal glass of rose at lunch. I only have one but I really enjoy it. Then one of the waiters who remembered us brought me another and then the manager sent me another and DH a beer! I had to have a nap!

It just works! Love wandering down to the marina in the evening.

Did I mention I'm jealous? envy grin

superking Wed 07-Sep-16 19:01:40

Domes of elounda in Crete is nice, we had a great time last year. Similar offering to Sani.

Booboostwo Wed 07-Sep-16 19:51:01

Martinhal Sagres is incredible. We're definitely going back!

Joneseygirl77 Wed 07-Sep-16 20:44:10

Thanks all some great suggestions there that I'm going to check out.

Cider super excited as desperate for a holiday so your rose wine memory has got me even more excited!

CiderwithBuda Wed 07-Sep-16 22:44:21

grin wine

TheClacksAreDown Wed 07-Sep-16 22:57:53

My only major gripe with Sani was the mosquitos. They were everywhere and I got badly bitten as I'm always the meal of choice. There are no proper shops anywhere near but this is clearly a frequent problem so they have arrangements with a chemist about 10 miles away who sends stuff over in a cab. At a cost.

So if like me you are prone to insect bites and react badly then I strongly recommend taking insect repellant, anti histamines and bite cream.

This was about 18 months ago so may have started misting since then.

monkeyblonde Sat 10-Sep-16 19:17:01

Id love to go to Sani...is it me or are the prices v high? Can't imagine paying £6-7k for a family of 4 holiday - perhaps I'm out of touch?

Joneseygirl77 Sat 10-Sep-16 20:28:17

Yes monkey it is pricey. We shopped around though and managed to get a few £100s knocked off by getting quotes from a few companies. We're also out of school hols which helps. But we've bumped the price up by opting for a 1 bedroom suite. Can't remember what our final price was though hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now