Talk

Advanced search

Holiday for Teens who want very different holidays?

(14 Posts)
BluntForceTrauma Sat 20-Aug-16 21:00:54

Can anyone help me find the perfect holiday?
Teen DD1 wants a holiday with sporty things to do.
Teen DD2 wants a holiday lazing around a pool.
Will be just me with them so I'll have to try and split myself into two!
Has to be somewhere hot, four hrs max flight time from UK.
Ideally very very close (walking distance) to small town with restaurants/bars as I don't want to drive once there.
Budget 3k absolute max but ideally more like 2.5k.
Is this going to be an impossible search or are there holidays/resorts out there that would accommodate both girls? Am a bit of a novice when it comes to holidays outside of the UK!
Thanks!

mummymeister Sun 21-Aug-16 12:37:00

Have a look at Ocean elements in Vassiliki. the sporty one can do the sailing and windsurfing there and the lazing about one can laze around the pool all day, have a little dip in the sea, enjoy the teens club in the afternoon and go out at night.

HemanOrSheRa Sun 21-Aug-16 13:16:04

We've just come back from here ikosresorts.com/resorts/ikos-oceania/. It was absolutely wonderful. Loads of sports activities and plenty of opportunity for lazing around the pool/on the beach. We've never done an AI holiday before because I've worried about the quality of the food at AI hotels. The food and service here were AMAZING!

Costacoffeeplease Sun 21-Aug-16 13:24:35

A resort like rocha brava or Quinta do Paraiso in Carvoeiro, Algarve. Both have pools and tennis, rocha brava isn't walking distance of the town, but does have a beach and restaurants nearby, and a shuttle bus into Carvoeiro

BluntForceTrauma Sun 21-Aug-16 17:20:18

Thanks very much everyone - I'll have a look at all of those later this evening. Caroveiro was one I saw mentioned on another thread yesterday so that had made the shortlist....well it was the only one on it actually.smile

HemanOrSheRa Sun 21-Aug-16 17:37:50

We booked our holiday with Sovereign Blunt. I did price up the same holiday booking it direct but factoring the cost of transfers and baggage allowances etc I didn't find much difference in price. The service we received from them was excellent too. I would definitely recommend them if you are unsure about booking holidays outside of the uk, wherever you decide smile.

ihatethecold Sun 21-Aug-16 18:09:37

HemanOrSheRa
That link looks nice.
Did you see many teenagers there?
What was the accommodation like?
We wouldn't want to share the same bedroom as our teens.
Was it far from the airport?

HemanOrSheRa Sun 21-Aug-16 18:42:14

Loads of teens with their families ihate. There is a free teen club that do loads of activities. But honestly, there is so much to do there (or not!). There isn't much if anything to do in the immediate area outside of the grounds though. Plenty of day trip things to do, but we didn't bother as we needed a relaxing break. Plenty of on site activities but not 'In Your Face', very chilled out. They posted up daily activity lists around the hotel and you could pick up a leaflet every morning from reception to find out what was going on where. DS is 11 and wasn't bored for one minute.

The accommodation was very good. We stayed in a Panoramic view Junior suite which was spacious for 3 of us but they do 1 bedroom suites and connecting/adjoining rooms.

It was about a 20 - 30 min transfer to/from the airport.

Although the initial cost seems a bit pricey it really is All Inclusive. I was very impressed as not having done AI before! We spent about 500€ whilst there. That included 100€ on the best massage I have ever had, an 80€ visit to the on site doctor for me and my stupid ability to get infected cold sores everytime we go away angry, a couple of the motorised watersports, old toot from the shop for DS like inflatables and tipping, which isn't necessary or expected. We gave our waitresses tips at the Asian, Italian and Greek restaurants and they asked us what it was for!

The hotel was obviously fully booked while we were there but it never seemed to be too busy or crowded and nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff.

Check out the reviews on TripAdvisor. We will definitely be going back.

JackandDiane Sun 21-Aug-16 18:47:14

dalyan in turkey - lots of trips to do and lovely town. We stayed at the simpson travel maintained beach apartments which arent on their website any more but are attached to this www.simpsontravel.com/turkey-holidays/dalyan/hotels/aydos-club-hotel
Or a mate said the PGL ( I know ) family trips in the aredeche www.pgl.co.uk/en-gb/family-adventures/holidays/more-adventurous?cid=91&ci=FamilyActive1
are amazing and cheap

HemanOrSheRa Sun 21-Aug-16 19:11:56

Here you go ihate. Photos of our room. They have just completely a refurb of the main areas of the hotel, apparently, and will be doing up the rooms during the closed winter season.

JackandDiane Sun 21-Aug-16 19:21:22

i just cant live in one room with my kids and pay for it

HemanOrSheRa Sun 21-Aug-16 19:47:26

Hehe! Jack I was a bit worried about that. By the time I'd faffed about wondering whether to book all the 1 bed suites had been booked. But it was fine. DS was completely knacked by the end of every day. Mind you, if I had to share with DD's (21 and 27) it would have been an absolute no no grin. However, there were were lots of families who had rooms next to one another.

ihatethecold Sun 21-Aug-16 19:53:04

Thanks HemanOrSheRa

Makemineacabsauv Sat 27-Aug-16 23:54:50

http://mitsisholidays.com/hotels/mitsis-faliraki-beach-hotel/?tag_code=ppc&gclid=CITM8ZnY4s4CFdgaGwodVqsPRw

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now