Talk

Advanced search

Where to go in southern Italy (family with 3 kids )

(12 Posts)
Glamorousglitter Fri 19-Aug-16 23:28:19

Looking for ideas for family
Summer holiday in Italy, have previously done campsites but happy to look outside of that.

Kids ages 10/8/1

Love all activities generally love a bit of adventure, parents adore Italy wines and eating...

Underparmummy Sun 21-Aug-16 14:08:24

Sorrento
Rimini
Lake Garda
Cinque Terre

Or Puglia? I have heard that its really made an effort with its tourism in recent years (would be very hot in main summer holidays though).

Underparmummy Sun 21-Aug-16 14:08:47

Im investigating Forte Dei Marmi for May with three kids currently!

Glamorousglitter Sun 21-Aug-16 21:58:07

Have been to lake Garda and cinque terra.
Would love ideas or recs of hotels/ villas / campsites

namechangedtoday15 Mon 22-Aug-16 09:16:22

We're just back from a holiday in Italy. Lake Garda, very tip of Tuscany then Union Lido which is on the Lido di Jesolo peninsular. We did Gardaland which the children loved but the whole area around Lake Garda is just beautiful.

For Lake Garda and Tuscany, look at the agro tourisme website - its usually farmhouses etc that have been converted into B&Bs. We stayed in a 1000 year old church - only 5 rooms, very personalised service. Quiet, our children loved the masses of open space, pool to themselves pretty much and doing day trips out to explore little towns etc.

Then Union Lido is much more commercial - but has everything you'd want as a child (if you're considering it, look at the Bolero website) from pools to beach to ice cream etc.

Sgtmajormummy Mon 22-Aug-16 09:27:33

You're talking SOUTHERN Italy, right?

We've been to the same town in Puglia/Apulia three years in a row. It's in the Salento area where the sea is clean and safe, the food is great and the people are welcoming and fiercely proud. Salento means sun, sea and wind so never bakingly hot.

We used this website for self catering and always had good service. www.costedelsud.it.

Sgtmajormummy Mon 22-Aug-16 09:34:27

BTW in Salento, Pescoluse is the up-and-coming area of but we stayed in Torre San Giovanni, using the Lido il Molo for the beach. Much quieter and more room than most of the private beaches, and their restaurant is rated one of the best in town.

Underparmummy Mon 22-Aug-16 10:05:34

Sorry, thats me going off on Italy in general (title, smitle!)

namechangedtoday15 Mon 22-Aug-16 10:29:36

Sorry, realise my recommendations are not Southern Italy either!

Glamorousglitter Wed 24-Aug-16 00:21:21

Thanks for the info! We ve done lake hard the last 3 years and adore the area but I d like a change, maybe different part. Will look at allot those don't mind if they north is out rally actually so thanks xxx

AmazingDisgrace Wed 24-Aug-16 13:52:42

Pizzo and Tropea are lovely in Calabria

Amalfimamma Sat 27-Aug-16 08:25:42

Cilento area. There are many campsites, resorts and self catering options there, plus some of the best beaches are in the area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now