Talk

Advanced search

Center Parcs Eperheide

(10 Posts)
longdiling Wed 17-Aug-16 20:54:25

Sorry, another center Parcs one! We are due to go next week and wondering if there are any useful things we need to know? I am thinking of not taking too much food and doing a supermarket shop when we get there. Is this sensible? I understand there's only a microwave in the kitchen but there's a bbq right?

pinkchampagne1 Wed 17-Aug-16 21:04:35

We are going to De Vossemeren a week Monday. It will be our first visit to one of the European Center Parcs but I have friends who have visited several times so can give you a little info.

Are you staying in a VIP lodge? I believe they have barbecues but some of the more basic lodges don't have them included. If you are staying in a VIP lodge you also get fresh bread delivered daily.

We have heard there is no oven so are planning food we can make on the hob like fajitas, chilli etc. We are also planning to do a barbecue and maybe eat out one night.

Did you know that you can visit De Vossemeren for the day (or any other Center Parcs nearby) with your swim pass and use all the facilities? Think it is only 12 miles away where you are staying.

pinkchampagne1 Wed 17-Aug-16 21:07:37

We aren't planning on taking too much food with us. There are supermarkets nearby where you can stock up on whatever you need. We are staying in a VIP lodge so are hoping the fresh rolls will see us through until dinner time each day.

longdiling Wed 17-Aug-16 21:18:39

Brill, thank you. Not a vip lodge no, but that's really helpful.

pinkchampagne1 Wed 17-Aug-16 22:22:38

Another thing I have heard is to avoid the Antwerp ring road during rush hour as it can add 2 hours to your journey. confused We are planning to take the route through Brussles instead.

Hope you enjoy your holiday. Is it the first time you have visited one of the European Center Parcs?

longdiling Wed 17-Aug-16 22:32:35

Ah thanks, I'll make a note of that one! Yes, first time. Although we all like the longleat UK one. First family holiday in about 4 years and that one was crap so I'm a bit nervous! Hope you enjoy yours too

lovelyupnorth Fri 19-Aug-16 18:39:15

No bbq you need to buy one would pick up a couple of disposables on route.

Nice compact site. My kids enjoyed the ninebots, day trip to Maastricht and trip to the big theme park in the Netherlands.

Site shop well stocked had good measls in the cafe and the steak places.

lovelyupnorth Fri 19-Aug-16 18:40:10

We drove down from Amsterdam ferry. No traffic issues. There is an Aldi pretty close as well. Top holiday

lovelyupnorth Fri 19-Aug-16 18:42:09

No oven which is pretty standard in europe we did have a dishwasher which we weren't expecting. And two fridges but was in a large lodge.

longdiling Fri 19-Aug-16 19:40:25

Thank you, that's all really helpful! I'm glad you enjoyed it, I can't wait now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now