Talk

Advanced search

Disney Land Paris May

(10 Posts)
Underparmummy Tue 16-Aug-16 15:29:29

So... We have been considering Disneyland Paris next May half term. Dcs will be 7, 5, 2.5.

I feel like it might be the one time we do it before eldest is a bit old.

Have started really looking at it and it looks expensive and naff. I do bizarrely feel guilty like not doing it is cheating the kids of something they might like to do (haven't even asked them, assume eldest will just ask is Elsa will be there).

Anyone been there? Is it a bit weird and hideously expensive?

Any other suggestions for May half term holidays that aren't too expensive and it won't rain too much (UK and Brittany I am looking at you)?

Pootles2010 Tue 16-Aug-16 15:30:47

We really enjoyed it - thought we wouldn't, but totally did. BUT we went in term time, in May. I'm not sure I'd enjoy it in half term - the queues would totally ruin it for me.

Kirriemuir Tue 16-Aug-16 19:31:48

We love it.

Look at staying off site at val d Europe. We stay in the adagio apartments which are clean and cheap. Right at the massive shopping centre so you can stock up on food and drinks. Free bus in about 5 minutes to the parks.

Research it to death. If you go for more than 3 days it is often cheaper to buy an annual pass. The best place is trip advisor.

Food is expensive in the parks but if you take lunch with you it's cheaper.

If you do get to splash out and treat yourselves dinner at inventions is just lovely and you get loads of characters coming to meet you. Buffalo bills is worth a visit too.

Check french, german Italian and Spanish holidays. If they clash with the U.K. Yes, the parks will be hugely busy.

leccybill Wed 17-Aug-16 21:56:36

We went in May half term with DD age 6. French and Spanish schools are not off then and it really wasn't too busy at all. Later in the day it was quiet and they let us go around twice on a couple of rides. We went Tues to Fri (bought a 3 day pass before we went- simply exchange voucher for ticket when you arrive).

It was very very wet though which made it a little grim. Not cold, just drizzle/pouring down.

Underparmummy Fri 19-Aug-16 09:33:53

Thanks everyone, all very helpful.

Some other people we know went in torrential rain actually leccy! After Brittany last may half term I'm tempted to just head for somewhere more likely to be sunny!

Has anyone been with a 2 and a half year old? Will they just end up being in the buggy all day? Dc3 currently a bolter so can't be trusted but obviously would be older by May...

NotPennysBoat Sun 21-Aug-16 12:59:56

We went with our just 3yo in mid May. It was glorious weather! We took the buggy and it did come in handy for the long days in the park.

We've done a lot of travelling with and without DC, and it was one of our best hols ever. Just seeing the wonder on her face was pure magic!

We stayed on site (Hotel NY), yes very expensive but it meant that we could pop back for a mid-afternoon nap if needed (and it was!).

Loved it, just go!

NarcyCow Sun 21-Aug-16 13:05:53

We went a month before DS's 3rd birthday and to be honest, it was tough. He detested being in the buggy, didn't have the stamina to walk far, and wanted to be carried a lot, which was hard work. He was overwhelmed by it all and got quite cranky.

We went again recently and DD was just 6 and DS 4.3, and it was a lot better. He enjoyed it more and didn't have as much difficulty with being on his feet all day.

We don't find it naff - we love it. It's very happy and DH and I love it as much as the kids do. DH was afraid before we went the first time that he'd hate the plastic fakeness of it all but he actually loved it more than any of us!

Underparmummy Sun 21-Aug-16 13:56:42

Hmm, Im wondering now whether we should wait until dc3 a bit older. Eldest dd is 6 now so Im guessing will still find it magical for a couple of years?
I would definitely want to stay on site so the prices are also scaring me a bit!
Think we need to postpone for a year or so...

Shadowridge Sun 21-Aug-16 14:01:25

We went the Disney ( not Paris though) with a 10 and 8 year this year and they loved it- so i would reckon you have a few more years. With 3 it will be tricky atm - lots of waiting as someone will have to stay with the youngest- go in a few years and the oldest will be happy to sit alone on the seat behind and you can all go on together.

leccybill Mon 22-Aug-16 10:04:42

We chose not to stay on site and we were really happy about that.
We stayed at Magic Circus which is a 4* circus themed hotel (obvs) with a swimming pool and a ball pit in reception. It is in a row of hotels just on the perimeter of the park, so 5-10 mins away on the free shuttle bus which runs until midnight.
The food in this hotel was lovely, so we filled ourselves up at breakfast (plus took some filled baguettes for lunch - everyone was doing it!) and the evening buffet was great value too.
I know you get the 'magic hours' in the Disney hotels but after a full day's walking, there's no way we could have been up and in the park for 8am the next morning and not all of the rides are operating anyway, in fact, many aren't.
We did 4 days in May half term and it was £1300 for 3 of us with flights, airport shuttle, hotel and park tickets.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now