Talk

Advanced search

Greece recommendations

(5 Posts)
rainbowmagic1974 Mon 15-Aug-16 21:17:05

This year we stayed in Panormo in Crete, a beautiful village, lots of family run tavernas, nice beaches, cobbled streets, lovely bakery etc

I'm looking for somewhere similar in a different Greek island for next summer.

Not Corfu as we went there last year!

The kids will be 14.12 and 7 next summer.

Any thoughts, suggestions etc from your experiences?

Thank you!

OnyK Tue 16-Aug-16 21:12:50

How about the Peloponnese? Lots of different resorts depending on taste, but more 'Greek' than most places we've visited on the islands. We stayed in Chrani, but that might be a little too quiet for most people.

OneOfTheThree Wed 17-Aug-16 19:47:38

We went to Panormo too, this year. Thought it was lovely! Have a look at Kokkari, Samos. We went there last year and it was lovely. Pebble beaches but very pretty and a lovely town with nice tavernas, lovely people and nice atmosphere.

Loggos in Paxos is lovely too but no sun loungers on the beach, if that might bother you.

I often have a look at companies like Greek Sun and Sunvil for inspiration, as tend to like the type of places they go, and then look at options for those locations.

What accommodation did you stay in, in Panormo? We're thinking of going back next year and looking at options. Our child is younger so was ideal for us really.

rainbowmagic1974 Wed 17-Aug-16 19:56:56

We stayed in a villa in the Panorama Seafront homes 2. I can message you details if you're interested. Where did you stay?
I loved Panormo so much!
Thanks for suggestions, will look into them smile

OneOfTheThree Fri 19-Aug-16 02:27:02

We stayed in a villa just along from the Cretan Marine Palace, so same area, I think. Looking at staying a little bit closer to the town next time as daughter will be getting too big to carry in that heat! Hope you find something. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now