Summer 2017. Can someone give me an idea of the cost if flights please?

(14 Posts)
elizabethcharlotte Wed 10-Aug-16 09:35:13

I'm thinking about our holiday for next summer. We usually drive to France and stay in a mobile home but I'm wondering if we could afford to fly somewhere next year so I'm hoping to get a rough idea of the cost of flights. It would be for 2 adults and two children (15 and 12) to somewhere like Barcelona, Rome, Faro or Tuscany.... I guess we would be travelling with Easyjet. How much would I expect to pay if I was to book as soon as the flights are released?
And do you know the date that Easyjet release the flights for next summer?

elvisthehamster Wed 10-Aug-16 17:46:57

I think it is best you have a look on the Easyjet website to get a rough idea yourself as there as so many variables it is pretty impossible for us to give you a figure.
Easyjet summer 2017 flights will be released in October 2016 though if that helps. If you can book them when first released it is normally cheaper. All 4 of you will count as adults -for flights only, once an infant can occupy their own seat and are age 2 they are charged the same price as adults (apart from on Passenger service charge )

elizabethcharlotte Wed 10-Aug-16 19:52:19

Thank you. I was hoping for a rough idea for next year which I can't get from the Easyjet website as its too early. It would just help me know if it was affordable for us to fly next year.
We would be flying from London Gatwick. Can anyone give me an idea of what they have paid previously?

MrsMushrooms Wed 10-Aug-16 19:57:46

I go to Spain with EasyJet a lot and a single flight can be anything from £20 to £200 one way. It really depends on what offers are available and when exactly you plan to go - it's way too difficult to give an estimate! We booked flights in March for DH and I to go later this month and it cost about £300 return for both of us which is probably about the average we pay.

MeganChips Wed 10-Aug-16 20:04:45

Flights are usually cheapest as soon as they come out, usually about 9 months before departure.

I booked my flights in November to go away this summer. Return flights for 4 to Venice was just under £500. The same flights now are £1600!

Download the skyscanner app and look at flights for the Easter holidays to give you a ballpark idea.

PatriciaHolm Wed 10-Aug-16 22:07:40

We did 2 adults 2 kids to Barcelona in Feb half term for about £800; summer I would imagine being higher. Though who knows really!

mysteryfairy Wed 10-Aug-16 22:20:59

Our flights to Bergamo this summer were £200 return for the three of us. We booked in January and travelled in early July. The previous year and again in early July we went to Barcelona for around £300 return for three of us. The Barcelona flights had been booked the previous August on Jet2. There are some budget airlines which already have next summers flights up e.g. Monarch. I priced flights to Verona up a couple of weeks ago for £250 ish for three of us. DD breaks up before the main school holidays though.

Clayhead Wed 10-Aug-16 22:42:08

We've done Pisa and Rome in the summer holidays, four of us, £1,000-£1,300 over the years to fly with jet2.com, few pieces of luggage.

Hth.

BarbaraofSeville Thu 11-Aug-16 10:19:13

We paid £120 each, Liverpool to Mallorca hand luggage only with Easyjet booked 6 days before departure a few weeks ago. I suppose school holiday flights might be more expensive or fill up faster though.

Use skyscanner to findout who else flies from Gatwick. People always say that flag carriers (BA, Iberia, Tap etc) aren't necessarily more expensive, especially if you want to take hold luggage.

I have no experience of this, because living in the north, there isn't much choice to Europe for the routes we usually take, with BA especially. We do use Air Malta, Manchester to Malta sometimes and they are often cheaper than Ryanair or Jet2.

LIZS Fri 12-Aug-16 15:48:27

Easyjet to Pisa was less than £200 each booking fairly late. Previous year to Bologna worked out a bit less. Both easily accessible to Tuscany. Rome is an alternative but a bit of a longer transfer.

rookiemere Sat 13-Aug-16 16:10:43

I think if you join the EasyJet website then they let you know as soon as the flights are released. They tend to release their flights later than other airlines in blocks so maybe 8-10 months in advance.

I find www.skyscanner.net a really useful resource as you can type in destination and get all the options available. Even if the flights aren't released yet, try typing in a few months earlier and then you'll find out what carriers fly to where you want to go. Booking up as soon as they come out for summer holidays saves hundreds, having said that if you're a bit flexible about where you go then if it's not an absolutely typical summer holiday destination that will bring down the costs as well.

bringonyourwreckingball Sun 14-Aug-16 11:03:13

We flew to Pisa with Easyjet in July for around £750 return for 4 of us with luggage and booked seats, so could have done it a bit cheaper. We booked in November when the cheap tickets are released

elizabethcharlotte Sun 14-Aug-16 22:44:49

Thank you for your help. I've signed up for Easyjet emails now and I'll keep an eye on the prices.

Bryt Tue 16-Aug-16 20:15:11

3 years ago, 4 Easy Jet flights Luton to Barcelona, booked the day they were released, cost around £550 total. You could try more regional airports like Girona or Pula in Croatia was under £500 for 4 flights.

We did a package week in the Algarve this summer. It cost £2400 to stay in an unspectacular aparthotel. I looked at AirBnB when I got back and costed a better, bigger apartment for the same week next year. Booking flights, private transfer and apartment myself would cost appx. £1000 less.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now