We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Germany family resort/park

(6 Posts)
Diamonds74 Tue 09-Aug-16 10:57:24

Hi all,

Have absolutely no idea where to start with Germany! OH wants to have summer in Germany next year, something like a centre parc with loads of things to do with the kids, we like outdoorsy stuff so days out, horse riding, segways, ziplining, goape, etc. We're looking for somewhere that has a great pool/waterpark, lake, loads of activities, and close to cities and sights. Dont want to camp, looking for something like a lodge.

Have no idea if anyone knows anywhere but hope somebody will! Our kids will be 8, 12, 13, 14 and 14, mix of boys and girls.

Your advice is hugely appreciated!

Hoppinggreen Tue 09-Aug-16 12:26:38

Can't be specific but to help narrow it down I would suggest The Black Forest.

noramum Tue 09-Aug-16 16:19:25

You have center parcs in some areas but I think the best would be going self-catering and staying in an area you have lots of the things you like.

I would say Black Forest, Lake Constance, Chiemsee in Bavaria, Frankonia (around Nuernberg / Pegnitz) for example. All areas have enough to do but I don't think there may be specific holiday parks.

You have theme parks, Europa-Park in Rust for example.

Germany has lots of great communal swimming pools with lots of stuff, much better than a UK one. You have Naturbäder, often open air, from natural lakes.

I found, compared to the UK, lots of things are more independent instead of a big company. For example, you have tons of GoApe here but in Germany we have lots of small set-ups, in my DD's opinion, a lot better but obviously harder to find.

butmumineedit Wed 10-Aug-16 14:29:57

You could look at Sudsee Nr Hanover , fab holiday park and plenty to do and see in area, there is also a centre parks up there. Also look at Harz mountains, wonderful scenery and views.

SheHasAWildHeart Thu 11-Aug-16 10:37:56

What about Europa Park?

Hoppinggreen Thu 11-Aug-16 11:13:43

Europa park is not far from Frieburg, which is lovely and Titizee (sp?) which is a lovely lake with water sports etc.
The area around Erding in Bavaria is lovely too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now