Works at Faro airport

(11 Posts)
mckenzie Wed 03-Aug-16 05:54:24

We've been advised that there are works going on at the airport and so we might be delayed getting through arrivals.

Has anyone been through Faro recently who can confirm or deny this please?

TIA

slalomsuki Wed 03-Aug-16 06:47:05

Never noticed anything when we went through a couple of weeks back. Arrivals was very quick with bags arriving at the terminal at the same time as we did as we were bussed from the plane. Lots of trolleys available and quickly through customs.

On the way back out of Portugal it was a bit more crowded with a lot of bag searching taking place and queues but nothing more than a UK airport. Two lots if checks, one to get airside then one to leave Schengen zone which was a long queue and moved slowly.

grannyinwaiting Wed 03-Aug-16 06:55:49

Blimey! They were doing that in March when we went! It was ok then but no idea what it may be Ike now

Costacoffeeplease Wed 03-Aug-16 09:06:07

I live in the Algarve and look after rental properties - no incoming clients have taken any longer to get here than normal so I wouldn't worry about it

mckenzie Wed 03-Aug-16 13:26:28

Thanks for all the lists. The notification was from Easyjet as we are flying with them tomorrow. Perhaps they were being over cautious.

monkeywithacowface Wed 03-Aug-16 13:32:29

Didn't notice any unusual delays when we were there last month.

rollonthesummer Sun 07-Aug-16 14:12:54

Were there any delays, McKenzie?

naffedoff Sun 07-Aug-16 18:36:07

There were no delays when I was there last week.

Hoppinggreen Mon 08-Aug-16 20:14:04

They were busy last May but I understand the building work is finished now

Katieweasel Mon 08-Aug-16 20:20:15

Went to Faro early July. Off plane, through arrivals, bags collected and in taxi within 30 mins of landing.

Dc3name3 Tue 23-Aug-16 16:04:11

How did you get on OP? We had the same email so I'm slightly dreading it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now