Talk

Advanced search

Airport to Marseille for few days, then 2nd week Marseille to St Remy - best way to get to each

(3 Posts)
Sandgroper Tue 26-Jul-16 23:09:58

Hi

Off to Marseille for a few days and need some advice, best way (least amount of hassle) to get from airport with 2 kids, 3 suitcases and 2 adults to Marseille. SHuttle bus recommended to St CHarles railway station then taxi 15 mins to accommodation. Is a taxi from the airport too expensive even though it's what I prefer, less hassle with kids more direct?

We may have access to a parking space (though we will have to pay for it) and DH wants to hire car (even though we only need it for St Remy part of the holiday) from airport and leave in parking space in Marseille then drive to St Remy for second part of the holiday.

So if we don't have car for first part of holiday is the best option to go back to airport and get hire car (then travel to St Remy), as we want to drop it back to the airport before departure?

Sorry it's a bit long winded, its late and I should go to bed!

Many thanks

Macarooned Tue 26-Jul-16 23:12:12

I'd check out if uber has made it that far...we recently used it in Paris and it was v easy and reasonably priced

Sandgroper Wed 27-Jul-16 11:15:03

Thanks we did think about Uber and yes they have reached that far... Think it's about 50€. Might be the best option..

Was getting a bit too complicated and expensive by the time we costed up shuttle bus and cab X 4 of us. Not a lot in it...

When I booked the hol back in Jan I didn't really think out the logistics of getting to and from, was just thinking about hot weather in the depths of our winter 😀

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now